Minor Project: TJ's '02 Z06

It’s just a harbor frieght trailer w/ a diamond plate deck added and a locking/weather-proof tool box added. It’s simple, cheap, light and it works. Oh, and I’d still smoke your bucket if I was pulling it with a full load of tires 'n tools. So who’s :greddy: now? :wink:

But seriously, I got tired of counting on other ppl to get my wheels/tires to the track. Alan Blain (sp?) used to get 4 x 315/35-17s with 17x11 wheels into his Fixed-Roof Coupe to head to the track. But he didn’t have a roll hoop like I do and he didn’t give half a shit about his interior (what was even there). They all had to come in through the passenger door (the trunk opening isn’t big 'nough to get even on in that way). I think he used to ditch the passenger seat too, or maybe just unbolt it and move it outta the way a bit. With the 315/30-18 and 335/30-18 on 18x11 & 18x12 it’d be even worse… and hell I won’t even put one in the passenger seat, fuck stuffing 4 into my interior! I’m lucky I have lots of friends that race the same series I do and either have Fbodies that run on street tires that can take my shit or truck/trailer. But like I said, I got tired of having to think “hmm, can I do that track day? I wonder if anybody is going that can take my wheels/tires/tools???”

In the end hitchin’ up the trailer, loadin’ it up and strappin’ down the tires is a lot quicker/easier than it used to be to get all my stuff into my Camaro. With the Camaro I could get a jack, jackstands, 4 x 315/35-17s on 17x11s, a full tool-kit, blocks of wood (to pull onto to jack the car), etc. + clothes 'n junk for me + girl for the weekend all INSIDE the Camaro. It all fit pretty damn easy… but it was a PITA bagging all the tires, putting old blankets everywhere, lifting everything in and playing Tetris to get it to fit etc. With the trailer I leave most the tools I need for a weekend in it, along w/ my tire pressure gauge, tire pump, water sprayer for the tires, wood, and all that misc. bullshit I mentioned so that really makes things easier. It takes all of 5 minutes to load/strap the tires and about 2 to hitch it up.

I’m 6’ even. With the combo of the Corbeau seat/slider/bracket the seating surface ends up being A LOT higher than the stock seating surface. It’s close for me… w/o the helmet it’s fine but I feel like I’m looking through the top of the windshield, with a helmet on it just brushes the headliner. It’d be alright… but I’m not happy enough to run it like that. Right now the seat is just hard-mounted with the Corbeau bracket and no slider. It works out that it’s almost perfect for me. It’s a bit on the close-side but that’s good for racing. I might put some washers under the front to recline it a bit… that should make it peeeerfect. Just no co-drivers that aren’t the same height. :wink:

-TJ