miss deaf texas... hit by train

AUSTIN – The reigning Miss Deaf Texas died Monday afternoon after being struck by a train in Austin.

Authorities said 18-year-old Tara Rose McAvoy was walking near railroad tracks when she was struck by a Union Pacific train. A witness told Austin television station KTBC the train sounded its horn right up until the collision occurred.

McAvoy, who had been deaf since birth, won the state title in June. The state pageant director said she represented Texas “with dignity and pride.”

McAvoy was to represent Texas at the Miss Deaf America pageant this summer.
York, Lancaster and Harrisburg PA News, Weather and Sports - WGAL Channel 8

sooo wrong on so many levels

i cant decide whether to go with

“even Miss Deaf Texas heard about this last week”

or

“I wonder if she heard it coming”

Not only was she deaf but dumb too.

on a side note, the girl was text messaging people on her phone when she was hit.

:rofl:

That’s kinda hard to believe. I worked around trains for 6 years. You don’t have to hear a train whistle to know ones going off. You can feel it in your chest. Not to mention the ground vibrates when they move. You would think a deaf person would pick up on that better than someone who can hear but who knows.

this discussion is wrong on so many levels… :nono:

Should of been able to feel the train coming , then again maybe not , i work on locomotives for union railroad and you would be suprised how a train can sneek up on you!!

lmao darkstar