Mission Accomplished

lol they still have almost a full year to work out the details. omg

Well there is a easy solution to there problem… Dont have it in a Town that is overloaded with summer tourist and streets that cant handle the volume of cars…What I would do is have it at an airport Like Schenectady County Airport. Then you could have drag races and a smoke show strip for those guys/gals that feel the need to prove something… They could even have room for camping… And They could call it The Multi Million Dollar former Adirondack Whining Magot Car Show… Never been a big fan of the Lake George rip off town everything is double or triple the price up there…Its just total bullshit…Bill

There actually used to be a car show every summer at the Schenectady airport with a burnout pad.

Now theres a small show there but no burnouts.

I heard that it was tough to get the insurance for the burnouts but I think that’s a load of shit. The smoke probably pissed off some dirty hippies and they whined.

Plenty of other shows have burnouts.

The randomness of the street burnouts is what makes it fun, after a while a burnout pad/pit thing gets boring.

this. burn out pads suck. the chance of getting caught and being a bad ass in the street Is what the whole point is.

my guess, if they don’t get approval to have the show in 2014 the town and businesses will be begging for it to happen again in 2015.

1. All I have to do is drive up main street a 20-25 mph and stomp down on the go pedel and Im up in smoke the problem is even when I hit second
    gear it still keeps spinning and now the speed is a factor…Bill:lol

2. Why would anyone want to be in a town that cant handle the event? Sitting in grid lock Just frosts my balls. If you want that just go to NYC.and deal with those morans…Bill:dunno

going by how many people are there every year for the event, many people have no problem with that but i wasn’t talking about the spectator stand point, i was talking from the business standpoint. all of them make a ton of money that weekend, its after summer is “over” so theres no way they would make the money they do that weekend without nationals there.

my own personal opinion, the fact that the town is taken over is why i love the event. i couldn’t tell you the last time i actually went in the show portion. i just walk around the village looking at the cars parked around there. make my way up to valero when i feel like it and watch burnouts. i know i’m gonna be stuck in traffic and i’m gonna be parked on one of the last side street off of town, but neither one bothers me. i don’t have anything cool to cruise around in, and even when i did i didn’t because it was an import and its a muscle show (that will change when i have an import with muscle power).

tl;dr, imo you can not move nationals and have it be the same. it will suck.

Warren County airport.
Problem solved.

Floyd Bennett airport gets used for the hot air balloon festival and the airport is shut down for a weekend. Perfect burnout area too.

It’s been discussed, BUT the county doesnt own it anymore, its a private owner now.

yea honestly you get there your in traffic for mabey 10 mins of u stay on the drag? then u park and walk around and the best cars are in the streets imo. then the burnouts while everyone is cheering. or the roll and pulls with the car next to you when u get in the open ilove everything about the event. the.money they make on tickets alone will keep the show there

https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/1235022_665497570129578_509111522_n.jpg

ill just leave this shot of perfection here lol

^^^ :lol

I went there sunday morning to see this, was better in person