Car Shows - Answer some questions for me guys

OK, I figure I would ask you guys. I know what the “older” crowds answers are, but I’m curious to what you, the younger crowd (except for Butch) think.

Do you go to indoor car shows?
If no, why not?
If yes, what do you like and dislike about them?

Do you go to outdoor car shows?
If no, why not?
If yes, what do you like and dislike about them?

And what things would you like to see at car shows (indoor and outdoor)?
Models, djs, awards, $ prizes, etc.

Also feel free to give me info on prices to register or spectate, awards, and anything else.

Honestly, the car shows are getting stale. We have been trying with our show to change what they are like, but even after 6 years, it’s like Groundhog Day every year.

shows in general… are just kinda long and boring. you see the SAMMMMMEEEE cars anywhere you go. i only go to duff’s sometimes, and not even for the cars. mainly to just meet up and hang out with friends.

that being said, im aiming to have my car in this year’s world of wheels show. the main reason is that it’s a goal deadline to shoot for, and i haven’t had my car in a show like that before. then again, i haven’t been to that show in about 3-4 years, so it probably seemed much more appealing to me before i know what i was looking at. :gotme:

i would go to more car shows if i actually knew about them…

indoor car shows are ok. A lot of bling bling stuff though, but on the plus side they hand of free stuff haha.

outdoor shows are usually a bit bigger. Weather is usually extremely hot and its exhausting.

Models are a plus for sure, watching autocross or drag racing is interesting and also looking at other owners cars that have the same car as yourself is usually neat. just looking at the different tastes is pretty cool usually.

indoor car shows are ok. A lot of bling bling stuff though, but on the plus side they hand of free stuff haha.

outdoor shows are usually a bit bigger. Weather is usually extremely hot and its exhausting.

Models are a plus for sure, watching autocross or drag racing is interesting and also looking at other owners cars that have the same car as yourself is usually neat. just looking at the different tastes is pretty cool usually.

At this moment, there is no World of Wheels for 2008/9. That is as for now. There is a Cavalcade of Cars Show in March though.

I dunno, maybe you heard of this little site called, RodandPiston.com

:mamoru:

prizes are cool, unless you need to pay a cover to get in, models are cool, but around here they tend to be ugly, dj’s never hurt, but that brings us back to the cover thing.

if it is indoor and decent im down. a show is a show is a show

indeed. the local models are hideous

Did you know that it costs a ton of money to run an outdoor show and maybe 4x more to run an indoor show?

Cover is fine as long as you get something for your money in addition to the cars.

$10 - $12 for 4-6 hours of entertainment I think is easily worth it.

ya i agree… i was going to mention something along the same lines but i forgot. im talking rediculous …like $30+ entry fees. …again, to see the same crap i see at EVERY other show with the exception of a few nicer cars and the 5% of new stuff

in door car shows are much nicer imho.

I think on average an indoor show locally is $30 to register your car. It averages $50 out of the WNY area. To get into the indoor shows as a spectator it is $10-$15

Outdoor shows average $8 to $20 to register your car. And most shows are free except for a few that charge $7-$10 a person to get in as a spectator (which sucks IMHO) since you can see most the cars at the show the week after.

I love going to indoor car shows because there is no need to worry about the weather but a nice sunny day also works for me. I wouldnt mind seeing more vendors and models or some exhibits to keep me busy. Also everyone go to the Cavalcade of Cars ! This is my moms work and it goes for a good charity

Depends on when and where they take place. Around here you pretty much see the same cars. I mean people are building new cars as we speak that we havent seen before, so for them to come to a show is different. Alot of the younger kids are getting into the scene. Some build waste of time and money cars , but for others they are decent. Its is usually a good time going to shows and cruises. As for the models, we could really use a change up around here lol. I mean some shouldnt come out of the house haha. For prizes and such that would depend on show entry and registration. I think a great idea would be for the fair grounds to get something together like carlise pa. shows. Not only good for something to do, but to bring money to erie county. Depending on advertising we could have a huge turnout. Cant think of anything else right now. Someone should see what they can do about getting a event at the fair grounds.

I go to duff’s for the same reason Bill stated, meet up with friends etc. The cars themselves for the most part are the same ones that have been going since i was in high school. I think the best place for a show is Lancaster raceway. Theres something for everyone, show, drag racing etc. If only we could have a rice/ghetto trash free event there. I think a lot of the people with really nice cars, and i can speak for a lot of people on here, dont want to take their cars there with the “crowd” that S&R attracts.

:word:

bastard!

its not even the rice portion jim its the people that come to see the cars. people have their own taste in cars and it can be respected as long as its not a body kit from a civic on a eclipse thats all shit. The s&r thing every wed is cool but there is not enough to do thats y all this shit happens there…for a car show to be succesful you need a variety of cars for all ages, good advertisement, and lots of sponsors i think…sponsors play a big role bringing cost down to the cars reg and spectators. it would also be nice to have something no other car show has, like drifting would be a huge +. Also the placement of the car show is key…you dnt wanna have a show out in the sticks, like the car show in the beginning of summer near the water was a bit far.
my .02

i think seeing some girls modeling at the shows would be nice, more vendors - not even just auto related, you can try to get local businesses that sell whatever, for them its good advertisement for a day.

i will try to make it to the indoor shows to walk around and see whats there, and i go to a ton of the outdoor shows every weekend all summer. Usually all pretty good. But now with all these retro muscle cars rolling around (Challenger, soon the new Camaro, etc…) and the brand new corvettes at every show, i think a class for off the showroom floor cars would be a good idea, let those guys compete. I hate parking by class at a show, just makes it easier for people to miss what is actually there.

As for those shows that charge to walk around in the summer, most include unlimited beer, so really $7 cover and all the beer you want is a good trade for coming out to support the group in charge of the show

DJs are always nice, but its always old music, tell them to play everything!