Mitsubishi Fuel Pump Assembly needed!!!

Ok, so im trying to find a part for a 94 Mitsubishi Diamante LS V6 DOHC.

I need a fuel pump assemply. I can get the fuel pump at autozone, advance, napa, but NONE of them carry, nor can order the whole thing along with mounting brack (the whole assembly…)

The bracket cannot be reused since the lines are broken off and rusted to shit.

So i am stuck on where to go, the dealer is the last resort.

Any input and help is appreciated.

Thanks.

go to a pick and pull, i know J&J’s out in manchester ny have a bunch of mitsu’s

i will look in the morning

Arite, great. Let me know.

I am avoiding junkyards… because its gonna break sooner than a new one.

amherst radiator … they REPAIR rusted fuel pump assem’s !

450 new from dealer
OR
$125ish to repair it

hmmmm …

it was a dealer only part for the dsm… junkyard or repair prolly your best bet

worst part is… it come WITH the fuel pump… and cannot be serperated if you buy from dealer… which means major ass rapage. $$$

well the pump is shot also, so if he had to get a dealer unit he wouldnt have “extra” parts when done anyways, so the rape wouldnt hurt so bad, lol

will a fuel leak fry a pump the way a boost leak will fry a turbo ?

amherst radiator … they REPAIR rusted fuel pump assem’s !

450 new from dealer
OR
$125ish to repair it

hmmmm …

Thanks, i will call them up later!

I think it could b/c it doesnt have the resistance of the fuel, so it might spin too fast… It might be similar to a sump pump, the sump pump will scream when there is no water pumping through it.

Makes me wonder, if the fuel pump died because of the leak?!

No… i don’t think that is the case… The motor is probably either voltage regulated or current regulated… it would be poor engineering to allow the motor to just free spin to infinity under no load… actually… it would be utter stupidity.

Actually the pump would be voltage regulated because it’s power comes from the +12V battery lead… also … DC motors draw their highest current at stall… so no load = less stress on an electric motor.

The only thing you don’t want to do is run the pump without fuel because the fuel acts as a coolant of sorts… without it you could overheat the fuel pump.