Mixed drinks, whos in?

I usually do beers, Coors light 4tW, but i like to dabble in mixed drinks. I have recently became a fan of Tanguray and tonic- with a lime, of course. It never leaves me with a hangover, but manages to get me “JT drunk”(ie, insulting woman and country music, also midgets and invalids). Really NO hangovers!! Im wondering what do the NYSpeed peeps drink-besides beer. No shots, just drinks.
I was also turned onto Jack and Cider, fuckin YUM, tailgating fav!

-edit rt now im sippin on Gin and Mayer bros cider, yes im a mad scientist!

jack an coke, or coke and some flavored rum (cherry / vanilla). The old standby of vodka tea is good too. Once in a blue moon you will catch me with a martini or some wine, depends on where i am or what im eating.

7/7

I also find myself enjoying a nice Martini, ill tell ya those chick like 'tini’s are super good, the only time ill drink one(in public) is when im with ladies. I prefer a gal that can put me under the table anyways. lol

This Just in, Gin and Cream soda is also super yummy! this is what happens when i have a cupboard full of the ex’s booze and a fridge full of tasties.

Well, I had 8 beers out of an 18 pack with 3 friends, now I am drinking a long island… I love 7/7’s and crown and sprite however. Pregaming for the bar… time for some more beers!

mostly beer. also like scotch on the rocks, gin an tonic, vodka tonic, and martinis (vodka martini, up, dirty, 3 olives)

word the more olives the better.

Long Islands are just a backup if I can’t find anything else…

Martini’s I picked up a taste for a few years ago and tend to have a few anytime I go out; normally an Orange Goose or similar (Orange Grey Goose, Triple Sec, and OJ (and/or Pineapple).

And for the normal (And MANDATORY when snowboarding); Grey Goose, Tonic, with a Lime.

jager and coke.

Manhattan, Perfect. The only way it should be made.

2.25 Rittenhouse or Old Overholt Rye
2 Dashes Angostura Bitters
.5 Sweet Vermouth*
.5 Dry Vermouth*
Garnish with Amarena or Brandied Cherry

Make sure your vermouth is fresh and refrigerated.

Recently I stumbled upon this fantastic cocktail at the Eastern Standard Kitchen in Boston called the Colleen Bawn.

1 Rittenhouse
1 Yellow Chartreuse
1 Bénédictine
1 Whole Egg
Shake with Ice, Strain and top with fresh ground nutmeg.

it was my understanding that bitters were not a necessity for a manhattan. old fashion, yes

correct… beer of choice Keystone Light. and if im not drinking that its apple cider and Captian morgan

pineapple and rum, jack and diet

vodka and cranberry juice, christ you can get drunk so fast and before you know it if you mix a big enough ammount of vodka .

:tup: jack and diet…

kind of weird though… I HATE diet Sodas… but I hate non-diet Jack and cokes

just finished an evening of jack and pepsi…yum.
also had a couple 100 proof soco and sierra mists (thin slice of lemon and another of lime…) sooo good.

I’ll have mixed drinks over any other form of alcohol… wine pulls in second place.

Tangie and tonic. Captain and ginger. Pineapple and vanilla vodka. redbull and vodka when needed.

Bacardi limon and ice tea…

tanq and tonic is the shizzle

segrams 7 and 7 up is good shit

jim beam and coke (NOT PEPSI) be careful though that shit will creep up on you

white russians are delish if youre feeling frisky. be sure to pick up a pack of lactaid as well, shit will sour your stomach in no time

mojitos are awesome summer drinks. im not allowed to drink them anymore, something about me yelling at my gf becuase she tried to turn off the music while i was sleeping on my bedroom floor idk

also i really enjoy soco manhatans. greg johnson and i pretty much lived off of those one winter

scotch on the rocks is always a good bet as well

Unfortunately not many bartenders know how to make a correct manhattan, but yes - a manhattan should always have a dash or two of bitters.

Like most old cocktails - recipes have been molested over the years and you rarely get consistency. I am a bit of a purist when it comes to pre-prohibition cocktails, especially when called by the original name. If you want to change the manhattan, fine - but don’t call it a manhattan anymore.

Most cocktails will benefit from a dash of bitters… Helps balance the flavors.

Here is my favorite Mojito:

3-4 Mint Sprigs
.75 Sugar Cane Syrup (Simple Syrup will do)
.5 Lime Juice (Fresh)
1 Lime Wedge
1.5 Rhum Agricole Blanc (White rum will do, but nothing beats the complexity of this)
2 Dashes of Angostura Bitters

Muddle 3 sprigs Mint, Lime, and Syrup - Add Rum, Shake and Strain.

Top with SPLASH of Soda water (only a splash, the trend of filling glasses with soda water has killed cocktails at most bars), and then add the 2 dashes of Bitters.

Garnish with the 4th Mint Sprig