More truck problems

So I finally got everything fixed up on dakota and I was going to use it to move all my shit into my new house then sell it. Well yesterday I load it up with my desk and couch and I hit the highway for just a few minutes before I hear an atrocious clicking sound.

When I finally got a chance to get under it with a flashlight I found that the flange on the cat which bolts up to the header has rusted through and it no longer holds the catted pipe up to the header to create an air tight seal.

The type of flange looks kind of like this but with a bigger ‘ball’ joint on the end of the pipe:

Whats the proper way to fix this without replacing the whole catted downpipe (the cats are good and its a complete Y pipe so I’d have 3 cats in all to replace if I did that)

Whats an easy and cheap way to fix it?

slide a slightly larger diameter pipe over the break and weld it on

I’m worried about welding onto the pipe in the area that its so rusty. Plus that’d be a ton of gap to fill with weld.

Cut the ends off and weld in a flex pipe if theres some good metal further up the pipe.

Cut ends off and use strap coupler. You can get them at napa, thats how i fixed the exhaust on the audi 4000

get a universal flange at napa or advance auto .they work very well we use them frequently

Gasoline and a match.

wow, bump the thread 2 days later just for that. I’ll go ahead and change your member title to non-contributing member.

Sorry, I did not look at the date, it wasn’t that far down the page.

you fail almost as much as this fuckin truck. I can’t believe how awful open headers sound on a v8