motorcycle rads for A/W intercooler.

I need a front heat exchanger for an air/water intercooler set up I’m building and it occurs to me that motorcycle radiator would be a very very good option for this. Anyone know of a mc junkyard or parts house around?

Ebay is full of them, but alot of the newer stuff is actually curved, size is hard to judge, etc, so I need to be able to go look at a few of these in person to see what’s gonna work and hwat isn’t gonna work.

I was thinking of using heater cores too, cheap as dirt from the junkyard, but not as durable I’d guess.

Any ideas?

i could possibly find you a rad from a f2. its flat unlike a f3 rad. they sell around 100 or so.

that bike shop up 19 that sells the wrecked shit…

cycle recylers in swickley there in the phone book

i highly dont recomend cycle recyclers for anything unless you absolutely cant find it else where. they got the bottom of the barrel shit. the shop on 19 is adams, he doesnt parts just whole bikes from auctions

my bad

andrew… brand new saab in seachrist… steal the FM and cut it.

there’s a place right down the road from me. A&L cycle also known as DEGO’s. It’s one hell of a shithole but they might have something. it’s near twin lakes. on Doahue rd.

what about a quad or a dirt bike rad
i know my banshee had a nice sized flat 1 on it

Thanks for the leads. Another guy mentioned the Banshee rad to me. It sounded perfect, although maybe too large. I’ll look into that for sure.

Folks tend to use oil and trasmission coolers for this job, as there really isn’t any pressure and the the temps don’t get ridiculous, but an actual rad seems like a better idea to me. The idea of a radiator intended for coolant, not oil, and the fact that those bikes are making hellish amounts of heat compared to my IC set up, man those mc/quad rads seem the ticket!

does adams have a web site ma be looking to buy some bikes

gonna start doing inspections for bikes at the shop and performance work…

mike just put a down payment on a trymuph daytona

use dago or look for an r1 rad.they use them as aux heat exchangers in typhoons