Motorcycle salvage yard?

Anyone know of any?

Looking for some stuff for an '82 Yamaha XT 550 I was given.

daygo’s by twin lake in greensburg & adam’s in traffard & ask quik about road rash

there is one on forest avenue in west homestead inbetween 8th ave and west run road.

they have a ton of crap inside… also quik knows of a place up butler or beaver i cant remember. its pretty damn big also.

diego’s is called A&L cycle, it’s just down the road from me. lots of JUNK there. and ADAMs cycle salvage in Penn Trafford. decent place last time i was there.

cyclerecycle its near cranberry always taken shit

Thanks a lot, guys. I’ll make some calls tomorrow.

the one in homestead is:
Norm’s Cycle and Salvage

http://www.normscyclesalvage.com/

You’ll find all their contact info their…

Dealt with them before stand up folks…

Norm’s doesn’t have any, the number for Adams, (724) 744 3873, doesn’t work any more, and I can’t find a number for A&L.

:slight_smile:

Cycle Recyclers
292 Bonzo Rd
Rochester, PA 15074
724-774-7768

Not a bad place. I bought parts for my 86’ Honda Interceptor vf500f a couple years ago.

daygo’s by twin lake in greensburg

diego’s is called A&L cycle, it’s just down the road from me. lots of JUNK there.

yep

I think that I used these guys back in like 95? I couldn’t remember their name.

I recently got rid of my 81 IT465, but when I had it I found several parts for it at Kneppers out near Seven Springs. They have a pretty big yard and piles of stuff.

What does the XT need? I had an 82 XT550 back in '88. Better suited for the streets, did ok off-road, and not very comfortable for long trips.

I’m assuming it just needs a coil, because I’m not getting a spark.

Other minor stuff that I’ll pick up if they have - front right turn signal, and front outer hub (the brake boss is cracked a hair - as is, it still works, but obviously I’d like to replace it.)

Other than that, I’m hoping it just needs an inspection.

I’m not too concerned with the off-road capabilities. It’ll see some trail use, but I’m more interested in just having something that gets 45MPG that I can putt around on in town.

And thanks for the heads up.

i need to find a place with newer bikes. specifiaclly 03 buell that i put into a wall. i need possibly the forks, front faring, triple tree, dash cluster and shifter.

Well, Kneppers had the coil.

Still no spark.

So, I suppose, aside from bad wiring, the only thing left is the CDI box?

Some Google searching says that the XT550 and XT600 have the same part numbers for the CDI, and Kneppers has a 600, so hopefully they still have it.