Mpeg to Avi converter for Mac?

I just torrented the family guy star wars episode but instead of getting an .avi file i got a .mpg file that Mac doesn’t like. So i need to find a converter for mac so i can get it into a watchable format.

doesnt google work on macs?

har har, you think I would post here if i didn’t search first? I’ve checked d/l.com, the apple site, and yahoo, and all i got was one program that said it was “freeware” but it turned out to just be a demo version that didn’t do anything but look pretty unless you paid for it.

Why cant you watch it?

download VLC, it will play nearly any file, and attempt to fix them. I have like 3 programs i use to convert videos. Is it going on a ipod, or just for your computer?

Flip4Mac will allow .wmv files to play in quicktime…

[quote=“ZOMGVTEK,post:4,topic:35999"”]

Why cant you watch it?

download VLC, it will play nearly any file, and attempt to fix them. I have like 3 programs i use to convert videos. Is it going on a ipod, or just for your computer?

Flip4Mac will allow .wmv files to play in quicktime…

[/quote]

I don’t know, it just says “error opening movie, could not be opened” I plan on burning it to DVD, but the DVD program wont take it, so i’m trying to convert it to .avi so it will burn. and i have flip4mac, but there are some .mpegs and .mpg’s that just wont work for some reason. they’ll work on my pc, just not my mac. i’ll check out vlc.

ugh, i tried vlc, but it was a no-go too, maybe its just a bum file?

try videora

use it to convert movies to a format the iphone can use. it will also convert files to other formats

edit: or do a search in google for “open source video conversion”

came up with this… sound promising

http://www.theinquirer.net/en/inquirer/news/2006/07/31/dont-buy-any-video-converter-before-trying-this-freebie

edit2: n/m, it’s for linux only it appears

Flip4mac, its the only one and its free for the basic codec…VLC cant play .wmv on mac without flip4mac. just install it and the codec applies system wide (ie quicktime, VLC, firefox etc)

werd. if u have flip for mac and vlc and it wont work, then u got a shitty file

oh and that family guy was sort of a dissapointment

[quote=“boardjnky4,post:8,topic:35999"”]

werd. if u have flip for mac and vlc and it wont work, then u got a shitty file

oh and that family guy was sort of a dissapointment

[/quote]

+1
+2

It was alright funny, but still kinda not as funny as I expected. Rar

[quote=“AJC2500,post:5,topic:35999"”]

they’ll work on my pc

[/quote]

Found your solution!

Why do people buy macs expecting them to do pc things???

VLC ftw

[quote=“sureshot007,post:10,topic:35999"”]

Found your solution!

Why do people buy macs expecting them to do pc things???

[/quote]

Terrible example…