Mt. pleasant people or "older" guitar players

I got my electric guitar when I was 14, I think in Mt. Pleasant (at that age you don’t really know where you are). Does anyone remember a place called Panny’s or something like that? A kid that lived next to my grandmother told me about the place and knew the guy. This kid and his dad were both into shady stuff. Just curious if anyone remembered anything about the store.

No particular reason. I was just looking at adjustments for the Floyd Rose tremolo and started thinking about how old the guitar was.

yep. I’m not sure of the spelling, might have been pianni’s or something, but yeah, it was right on main street between the dough boy and the national city bank right? Like in that block? Think I was in there once when I was like 12 and I was shocked at the price of strings. My dad and I used to just run over to south greensburgh and if we needed something more, Piano’s n Stuff in blawnox.

Dang dude, that is taking me back! I used to walk up to a baseball card store in that same block too. And “Spoked Wheelz” were just starting out. They still seem to be going pretty strong but I haven’t been in to talk with them in forever.

Yep, Panny Dinicola, the family also owned a bar next to the music store, the Roma Room. Don’t know what ever happened to Panny.

What do you need adjusted on your Floyd Rose? I adjust mine myself all the time.

My string height always seemed to vary between strings (the middle two seem high), and since there aren’t individual string height adjusters, I checked to make sure the right blocks were in the right place (which they are). Maybe my neck just doesn’t have as much curve as the blocks are set up for.

I also thought about changing it to a floating bridge. Not sure if that would do anything for the string height issue, I would think probably not? I also tend to rest my palm on the bridge even when I don’t need to mute the picking, so I’d probably end up bending notes by accident.

It’s worked fine for 22 years, maybe I should leave well enough alone!

have had simlar issues in the past with various guitars. Right now my main axe is a Jackson Dinky Reverse, with the ultra-flat 22fr fretboard. My Rose has individual saddle height, but I don’t mess with that too often. I also rest my hand on the bridge all the time, unless sweeping or strumming. If you don’t use your tremolo often I’d suggest adding a third or fourth spring to the back so it doesn’t move anymore.

The string height issue may have a few ways around it. I’d carefully check truss rod stiffness to see if your neck has shifted…I’ve seen compound bends appear in the neck of some guitars and it makes the intonation go off the map. What’s the use of tuning if any fretted note is immediately pitch-shifted because the intonation is off. Also check the fore/aft position of trem, adjusting those will move the string height slightly.

One thing you can do is very carefully file down the string seats without widening them. I have done this a few times with good results…just keep checking for string buzz as you go. If a buzz arises you’ll have to adjust the resting height of the trem to compensate.

didn’t he own dino’s too? best pizza in town. $5 for large plain, an inch of grease on top. crust was perfect~!

my mt. pleasant pizza list went

dino’s
lobingers
old lady over by little league fields area (made it in her house)
old fox’s before it burnt down
village
st. pius

Sophie’s…used to get a large for $2
Pepper’s now has a good pie.

Pepper’s pizza ftmfw. Love their pizza.

I concur.

Lobinger’s also for something different.

shit, i havent lived in mt. pleasant since 98 when i graduated. don’t go back really either. so im out of the loop on whats good in that town. hard to believe 10 years passed.