my audi urq

Added to the list of possible places to take my German cars to. :bigthumb:

Seriously though, I love the UR.

only slightly off topic, I’ll vouch for pete’s. seems like a cool dude and has some great suspension setup ideas, with the success to back it up. I’ve talked setup with him and plan on going in for alignment / corner balancing later this month or early jan, before all the racers get in there.

Wish I could corner balance but they don’t make adjustable sway bar links for the B6 Audi platform. I guess I could have some machined.

nice find, always liked those. It’ll be fun to watch it run in the dirt!

Didn’t realize where your shop was. I’ll have to swing in sometime, now that I think of it, I’ve driven by more than once and have always noticed the parking lot, at least one car I would throughly enjoy driving.

Cool car. I saw one of those a few months ago somewhere and had no clue what it was…

yes i commute. 65 miles one way. quickest way is 70 to 79.

side work–depends. i do it, but get picky on what i do. as it is now, i have enough side work offers that i can pick and choose. few years ago i took on everything-- and basically got burned out. Now i make sure it is something that is not a conflict of interest w/ work.

Well, I started stripping down everything and I’m pulling the block soon. Then I’ll tear it apart and send it to the machine shop to get stroked to 2.0L From there the whole re-build will be with everything aftermarket except stuff like timing belt and waterpump, which will be OEM. And I need someone who knows WTF they’re doing to do the rebuild. I’m not going to tackle that and find out I didn’t do something right… the hard way. Better to pay someone now than later, lol.

whats a urq? is it just a normal audi quattro coupe or what? I imagine it is something more special, looks ****in sickkkk!

it is audi’s first awd car, or the “original” quattro. in addition, was their rally car-- hence the turbo and wide 1/4s and fenders.

they made a 2wd version of this car-- but it didnt have flared 1/4s or fenders or a turbo engine.