My "I-spent-way-too-much" mountain bike

my new rig is lighter than a Blur…

I actually rode one, sick bikes

lets get something organized here. I’m def down for frick park since its close to me and its pretty damn technical.

last year i remember going to ohiopyle and colnellsville with some pittspeeders. good times.

nice i like that i was considerin getting back into it and was looking into the chase model almost sold some of bmx bikes to get one

but cant see spending that much

does cannondale sell just the frames?

its a Cannondale Chase 1. set up for urban ridiing and some light trails.

x2! but i would consider tradeing my new federal complete bike for one of these new boys

any of the bikes we use to ride make these new fangled style hardtails??

that i can call up and see about getting one?

2004 Kona Stuff 15.5 Inch, White

thses frames any good??

Sinister,
Dja check out the Santa Cruz Chameleon? Dunno why, I dig Santa Cruz stuff. I worked for Cannondale for 6 years, everything I ride is C’dale and it’s great stuff but I think it makes me want something different and Santa Cruz is excellent stuff.
http://phattire1.stores.yahoo.net/sancruzchamf.html

expensive

i can get that otehr frame for like 50 buckls

are all these bikes aluminum?? i would want good old 4130 chromoly

Should be a lot for you to chose from then, no problem finding inexpensive non butted steel …

There are so many frames out there, its rediculous. You can build just about anything you want once you take a look of whats out there. I thought about it, but to get everything I wanted, I was going to spend more than what I could get right out of the box.

Cannondales are fine, I know a couple people that have them and like them alot. I also know a lot of people on Cruz’s and they like them as well.

It really depends on what you are trying to do. I was really close to buying a Santa Cruz Blur LT, but for 1500 less, I got actually more bike, and a lighter weight! I was looking for something All Mountain that I could still XCountry. I have almost 5" of travel front and rear. That and super light weight makes my Fisher the ultimate in-betweener.

As far as the old Cromo’s… My previous Mongoose was the break-through full cromo frame and front fork. Now, its old technology. You can get 6061 T6 double butted aluminum frames that are probably twice as light and twice as strong. The ONLY thing that may be seen as a benifit of the cromo is it can be used in a smaller diameter. you can kinda tell in this pic:

thats the old mongoose. Its been a killer bike and taken TONS of my abuse. I’d sell it too if anyone wanted.

i think you can special order a frame directly from canondale. i think theyre based here in PA. So far i’m really happy with the bike. the aluminum frame is really stiff. the bike flys off jumps with a little extra effort than my previous bike. this bike is damn front heavy with that marzochi dirt jumper fork. i think it has about 5 inches of travel. The drivetrain is the weak part. is just a mixture of shiimano deore and LX derailurs but has a nice truvativ hussfelt crank. I guess canondale was just thining most buyers will replace them anyways. wheels are mavic and still remains true after 2 years. brakes are mechanical disks they just ok.

allright yinz. lets get a mtb. meet asap.

http://www.universalcycles.com/images//products/large/9601.jpg

sinister,
if you want to stay the cromo route for street or free riding 26’ bikes here’s a nice frame by azonic. its only $260 bucks. I dont blame you for wanting cromo. its actually pretty strong and can absorb more shock if you plan on using a hardtail for jumps or downhill.

I bought a Trek 820 steel frame hardtail a couple of months ago. I mainly keep it on the road because it’s only front suspension but I wouldn’t mind hitting some trails this fall. I’d def. be down to ride with some people and I’m right near downtown.

Easily repairable too as a skilled welder could repair a cromo frame. Something a jumper/bmx’r will no doubt appreciate. Can’t do that on heat treated alum.

In my world however, jumping is best done with 5" of front and rear wheel travel

I’m pretty sure I have some spinning hub caps you can rock at work :slight_smile:

i have one of those i spent way to much money on a mountain bike i just sits in my parents basement and has since i bought it its the first gt i drive and i had to have it so bad i wish i would have never bought the dam thing

GT… like my Mongoose has gone full chinese and now are in walmart. Its a sad sad sight. :frowning: