My new (old) 91 beretta

So i’ve been hurting for a car for some time since my last one got crushed.I’m a big fan of the “fixer upper” so i picked this pile up. Its the quad 4 HO it needs the trans. put back in (new clutch kit included), but what it doesent have is a clutch fork/ release lever. I dont know the trans model and if anyone has one it would help. Hopefully as i straighten my license situation out ill be around.

I was scoping that on ebay the other day. Nice pick up. Those Quad4’s can be nasty little motors.

what do you need to know about Quad4’s?

With an exhaust, CAI and fresh transmission mine runs mid to high 14’s.

If you need any parts check out bstuff.com , beretta.net and I have some stuff in my garage like headlights, tailights, door handles, all seats, ect.

its a 2.3 and i see alot on ebay for parts and and i work at autozone so im not too worried.Dont need to know much now but i’m sure i will. How bout a good clutch fork connection, isnt the 2.4 nasty but not the 2.3?

nope, 2.3 is the high output motor, 180hp/160trq

they have head/headgasket issues mostly

Should i worry at 196,000? probably. is it worth doing it now, cause its gonna sit anyway for like 3 months at the least. I gots license issues. i was gonna do the trans asap. maybe wait do motor stuff like lifters maybe shafts, chain, pulleys, i saw pulleys cheap. i think trans works fine but i might have it redone i know the guy who owns coster trans. on south park.Happy about the AR rims. worth 400 alone. Decent 400.00 find

yeah, I have 170k and my car is on it’s 3rd head. Would def. get it done and check the head for cracks.

chains, pulleys and such are all really cheap.

If you get the trans redone find 3.94 FDR gears that came in the 93-94 trans. You will have better acceleration and fuel economy. Thats what I have in mine and I get 35mpg highway on the best days. Too bad it only takes premium though.

WHAT! really.cmon. really.

is it just if i get that trans work done? can i just put a 93-94 trans into it like from the boneyard? will my mpg be close to that if i keep same gear?

yeah, mine has a 93 trans in it from a yard.

And like I said on the best day. I average 30mpg with 70% highway driving.

I get about 27-28 with average driving.

do i still get around that with stock trans?

no, less. I think it is something like 23/30

do you have the 5sp. and how easy(how ever improbable) would a tgp setup go in.

yeah, the quad was only offered with the 5 speed.

TGP setup? as in turbo grand prix? the whole engine or just the turbo kit?

Take a look around bstuff some. Some quick cars on there. Also a bunch of dousches, but whatever.

like 3.1 turbo motor, turbo, trans.

quad4 > 3.1

You think? im not sure i mean gas efficency yes but, power, i dont see getting that with a turbo on the 2.3 sure its fast but not tgp fast.

matter is correct

Yu can get a hell of a lot out of a HO quad. hell oldmobile managed to get 1000hp when they ran them in the salt flats.

A turbo quad on bstuff runs 13.5’s all day with a modist setup.

i want modest i gotz 2 carseats. i want happy tho.I don’t want turbo envy either. i might stay na just do pistons and stuff, i gotta be careful with money. i don’t want to spend crazy cash, i got a future to think about, but i want clean, powerful, obd1(for all you cherry bomb fans) and reliable, but also gas efficient and child friendly,no roll cages and backseats, screw the wife we can go minus one passenger seat.

Say that on ebay as well.I’ve actually been trying to find a clean beretta to buy and have no luck at all.Would like to pick up a decent Indy if possible