My newest toy

I was going to see if someone locally wanted to make some $$ to do it, I really dont want to mess with it…
I did one once on my old 71 Torino Cobra and it was a pain in the ass!!

is it similar to the window motors on 3rd gens? my cusin did my 3rd gen passenger side in about 15 mins

no idea, I have never attempted one

details on the Torino??

ewwww 2.73’s

nice color

98 was a bad year for LS1’s I thought?

Terrible year…Garbage…They can’t be fast…

The rod bolts are weaker…so if you plan on spinning past 6500 upgrade…
Comes with a LS1 intake and not a LS6 like the 01-02

Thats about it.

nice vehicle!! you love those formy’s. enjoy this one more than the red one. i am sick of looking at the red one right now!

:tup: F-Bods 4 L

i am not a fan of the color either but congrats

I will enjoy it, I miss the red one …
I dont have the kind of scratch Choko is throwing at his build but trust me the gold car will see at least mid 11s before summer is over
no NOS either

taken from ls1tech if anyone cares

1. Had differnet casting heads which had perimeter bolts and valve covers.
2. Ignition coils were mounted to the valve covers one at a time.
3. The water temp gauge actually works.
4. 98’s do have an oil life monitor, they just don’t tell you anything when its time for a change. You can find it in Auto-Tap
5. WS6s had single outlet exhaust (all others had duals)
6. Steering wheel controls were completely different part with indentations on the buttons, and were better built
7. Only year that Purple, Gold, and Green were available
8. Some very early Trans Ams came with LT1 style headrests
9. Rear hatch release was poorly designed and often caused problems releasing mechanism
10. Early model 98 Monsoon stereos didnt have capability to control 12-disc CD changer
11. 1998-1999 automatic transmission LS1s could be started in 1st gear even with the shifter in 2nd. Starting 2000, if you put the shifter in 2, it would start off in 2, even from a stop.
12. 1998-1999 LS1 cars had a smaller throttle body cam, which caused the throttle to open to WOT faster than 2000+ cars
13. 1998 cars had 28 lb fuel injectors from the factory
14. 1998-2000 cars had a larger cam than the 01-02 cars
15. 1998-1999 cars had more restrictive exhaust manifolds
16. 1998-2000 cars had an LS1 intake with EGR
17. 1998 and some early 1999 cars had blue outside rear view mirrors (TA/Formula only)
18. 1998 only LS1 blocks had a much smaller cylinder sleeve that only tolerated a .005" hone
19. Last year F-body to use the old 15.5 gallon steel fuel tank.
20. Only year LS1 F-body to contain a gascap with a tether long enough to actually hang from the fuel door while open
21. Only year LS1 F-body to not contain the famous GM black box used in the event of an accident to record up to 5 seconds of pre-crash data
22. 1998 only cars had a different PCV system with the PCV valve located above the passenger side valve cover
23. 1998 most cars did not have an idle adjustment screw on the throttle body. Some 98 cars do have the idle throttle stop set screws.
24. 1998 cars have a completely different PCM from 99+ cars
25. A production shortage of F-body cams caused the use of a C5 cam to be installed in F-body LS1s for a very short time
26. 97-98 LS1’s used a paper water pump gasket. The only gasket that isn’t reuseable
27. SSs did not ALL go to SLP starting in 98. Y2Y was the RPO code that sent them to SLP for additional options
28. SS option did not “include” the Synthetic oil package, it was a SLP only Option

nice buy, cant argue with the price… if you get sick of the 1970’s color you can paint her and still be ahead of the game :smiley: … Oroc: you think the borlas arnt that loud? lol mine quake the neighborhood, with the block off plate in

nice and clean man :tup:

Welp Let me know if you want a cheap heads and cam setup 9c1ny, I still have my stage 2.5 ported 5.3L heads and 233/239 cam, that’ll get you 11’s @ 120ish all day easy, cant beat it for a budget setup.

Mike

Nice car, love the color.

If your concerned about the bolts you can always swap them out yourself. I guess it would take a good weekend to do but it can be done with the motor in your car.

PM a price range your looking to get for it…

I also have ARP rod bolts with 800 miles on them, still perfect shape… PM sent.

Mike

God, some (most) of you guys are really stupid. Gold is not a “louder” color than red.

Anyway, if you like your car as much as I like my fbod, you’ll be hating it in no time!

Thats what I thought, to be honest I am color blind so I dont see colors the way other people do but to me gold is no way as “loud” as red is…