My newest toy

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/insanecowstar/bird20s.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/insanecowstar/formulagold3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/insanecowstar/formulagold2.jpg

1998 Pontiac Firebird Formula
1 of 60 Formulas made in Sport Gold Metallic
Rust free car, 76k original miles, LS1, A4 , 2.73s, T-tops, grey cloth interior (always had seat covers on them), pwr windows, pwr locks, single cd monsoon, traction control…

Mods- Hooker cat back, Yank 3500 stall, lid, free mods, shift kit, 160 stat, aftermarket Y pipe with High flow cats…

Best run was 12.7 @ 111mph

Needs minor work-
needs a new window motor, needs new O2s (included with car ) and possibly a new Maf (has been ported and descreened and is throwing codes)

The car is turnkey except for the SES light

Future mods-
heads/cam, lt headers, drag radials and some 3.73s and a tune
Also I am going to get that black paint off the front license plate cover as well as the body side moldings…

The price- less than most Fox body Mustangs are posted on this forum for

can’t argue with that :slight_smile:

how much dont tease…
OT why didnt you keep the cammed one?

Currently there is a foxbod for 4500 and one just sold for 500

spray the house down

Think there is a reason they only made 60 in gold?

:stuck_out_tongue:

Kiddin. Nice find.

Well the car is in Deleware, with shipping it will be less than 5k

Thats a pretty good deal.

But I have to ask an obvious question…Didnt you sell your red car to choko because it was loud and attracted too much attention?

How is this any different? In fact I would go as far as saying it would be worse.

Also where is the land yacht lt1 project?

yeah I did, this one dosent have magnaloud exhaust : )
I am going to keep the exhaust rumble down, tone the tint on the windows down and honestly I think red is the ultimate “pull me over” color…

I still have my roadmaster also, its sleeping for the winter

lol and gold is any better

I dunno I have never thought of gold as a cop magnet color…
Bottom line is I have always loved the 2nd Gen Trans Ams of the late 70s in gold and have always wanted a gold 4th gen…
Its a very rare car color wise and worth fixing up and hanging onto…
This isnt going to be a DD for me but more of a weekend toy, it probably wont see 3,000 miles next year…

Nice…get some rear end gears in that thing.

or spray it and run 10’s on the 2.73’s like a lot of people do.

Looks awesome and great deal

Nice ride, just dont loose a finger putting the window motor in! its a pain in the ass and dangerous.

Borla w/ electric cutout FTW! flip up hella loud, flip down quiet as a mouse i love mine

Sounds like a good deal for a rare color Bird. :tup:

Wouldn’t be my 1st color choice but its cool that its rare. Maybe one day it’ll be a collectors car since its so rare. :tup:

congrats on the new car i guess but…

didn’t you just sell the same car because you were getting ticketed so much?

buying one with a louder color will solve that problem?

i dont know your personal situations so it’s not my place to make assumptions on your motivations for getting this car and getting rid of the last one and such, but from what i remember reading you got harassed so much for the last one by cops you had to sell it…but now you completely contradict yourself. i dont get it…

congrats regardless though, it’s always exciting having a new set of wheels in the driveway :tup:

id get the wheels powder coated black.