My screen name.

If you don’t give 2 shits, then :newman:

So why the fuck do I call myself BikerFry when I don’t have a motorcycle? :poser:

I just got a PM asking me if I have a motorcycle, and I figure that since I was typing such a long response I’d just make a public thread…

LOL.

Currently no, I do not have a bike. Not sure if I ever will again. Only time will tell.

I made this SN as an AOL SN when I was probably 14 or 15 and absofuckinglutely couldn’t wait to turn 16 and ride a street bike.

My whole life my grandparents have been avid motorcyclists, long distance touring BMW riders. My dad’s ridden his whole life. My mom got into it about 10 years ago and currently rides. My sister got into it about 5 years ago and currently rides. One of my best buddy’s got into it just so he could ride with me. I had bikes all through high school and a couple of years into college. It’s been the biggest hobby/passion of my life as of yet. Some of my best memories from high school consist of either riding or working on my bike. To say it’s in my blood would be an understatement.

However.

Up until the time I sold my last bike I had never owned a car. Borrowed the parents’ in high school, didn’t have one at college, until I sold my last bike. But for various reasons I needed a car so the bike had to go to pay car bills.

Now that I’m married I have responsibilities that extend beyond myself and can’t justify the greater risk that comes from riding. I mean afterall, sitting on top of a vehicle that leans over is fundamentally dangerous. Anyone that tries to tell you otherwise is refusing to accept reality. That’s not to say that people shouldn’t do it, or that you’re guaranteed to get hurt/killed if you do. There are plenty of ways to minimize the risk down to a reasonable probability of falling off or not. It’s just a risk that I personally cannot justify taking in my current life situation. Granted, I’ll still go for a joy ride any chance I get to borrow a bike but in my mind that’s not the same as having my own and being tempted to go any time I feel like it.

As for if I ever will have a bike again, probably. But it will be a while. I’ve got tons of student loan debt, car loan debt, home loan debt, etc that I would be retarded to not pay off before buying a bike. Aside from finances, the wife doesn’t want me to have a bike (for the same reasons that I won’t accept the risk of riding regularly right now) and while that doesn’t mean I won’t ever have one again, she’s cool with a boat and marriage is about compromise and it’s not like I’d be deprived to have a boat and not a bike. So some sort of boat will definitely come before a bike.

Here are BikerFry’s former bikes (from google images, not my own.)
First one was a 1981 CB650C. Bought it for $550. It wasn’t running, needed paint, the forks were indexing, etc. Only needed about $200 bucks worth of stuff. Rode it for a couple of years. Sold it for $900.
http://100megsfree4.com/honda/h0600/cb650c-81.jpg
Mine was sky blue on navy.

My second bike was my dream/baby. 1985 Nighthawk S. 6 speed with an LCD gear indicator, 13k rpm redline, quick enough to run 12’s, handled well enough to hang with crotch rockets if you knew what you were doing with it. 50mpg highway. I paid $1600 for it and it was the most satisfying $1600 I’ve ever spent.
http://hondanighthawks.net/85-700S.jpg

I had the blue paint scheme.

Great?

We don’t care…

i actually was curious as to the origins of your name since i had never heard you talk about riding.

I CARE :slight_smile: thanks <3

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:2,topic:33959"”]

Great?

We don’t care…

[/quote]

:newman:

I even started the fucking thread with it, yet you still managed to make “who cares” the first response. :picard:

[quote=“BikerFry,post:5,topic:33959"”]

:newman:

I even started the fucking thread with it, yet you still managed to make “who cares” the first response. :picard:

[/quote]

I was kidding…

Carry on :slight_smile:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/87FOXGT/greatstory.jpg

Just get another bike pussy. Buy a turbo busa, bring it home, do a sick wheelie down your street while doing the :picard:

You ruined it for me.

I always just thought you liked Futurama, and the mental representation of who you were for me was just a picture of Fry from the show.

^lol… comes to the rescue with a great random pic yet again.

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:6,topic:33959"”]

I was kidding…

Carry on :slight_smile:

[/quote]

:hug:

[quote=“87FOXGT,post:7,topic:33959"”]

Just get another bike pussy. Buy a turbo busa, bring it home, do a sick wheelie down your street while doing the :picard:

[/quote]

:tup: probably the best thing to do. i’d also like to add that you should film it then link it here. that will show the assholes in this thread.

people ask me what zwarbyt means, it means dick

[quote=“sureshot!,post:8,topic:33959"”]

I always just thought you liked Futurama, and the mental representation of who you were for me was just a picture of Fry from the show.

[/quote]

Oh, that’s the other part of the SN. I AM Fry from futurama.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/87FOXGT/startedthread-1.jpg

<3

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/87FOXGT/bwahaha.gif

[quote=“BikerFry,post:13,topic:33959"”]

Oh, that’s the other part of the SN. I AM Fry from futurama.

[/quote]

Awesome! I knew there had to reason that you were a blabbering idiot :smiley:

newman means sexual predator in hatiian

so what i would really like to know is the sister in the above long story hot?

[quote=“87FOXGT,post:7,topic:33959"”]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/87FOXGT/greatstory.jpg

[/quote]

:lol: Well if we ever get divorced I’ll show up with a turbo busa, do a stoppie on her maltese, and then head to Mexico.

J/K… I’d take the Maltese with me.

everytime i see bikerfry…

i hear a voice in my head shouting “DAMN IT FRY”

usernames are overrated
i remember when i thought drv nkd was funny.

[quote=“RobHimself,post:17,topic:33959"”]

so what i would really like to know is the sister in the above long story hot?

[/quote]

She looks just like me, except with boobs and long hair. So if you’re into me, but not into that sort of thing, she could be right up your alley! :tup:

Well, she’s married and pregnant, so you’d have to be into that sort of thing too.

Mike fuck off! :lol: :lol: