Name That Sample Quiz

Finish your $hite! :lol

yup there is…I just cant remember because once Michael takes something for some reason you just cant remember past MJ, lol

My turn.

Ini Kamoze - here comes the hot stepper

Basically this song I dont know the sample BUT its Origin of this song is from Steam but they also came up with this song before the band had a name

Try again =)

lol how can I try again if thats all i know?

The conundrum v4.5.1.0 - “How can I try again if that’s all I know?”

This is a tricky one but I’m pretty sure that “Heartbeat” by Taana (forgot last name) and also parts of Slick Rick’s “La Di Da Di” are in that song…

Also, I can tell you that about three songs that then sampled “Hotstepper” / “Heartbeat” either with drums and/or underlying melody are:

Buddy (remix)” by Musiq feat. Fat Joe and Ja Rule

“You’re the One for Me (All Star '96 Anthem)” by SWV feat. Lost Boyz, Trigger Tha Gambler, Smoothe da Hustler

“It’s All Good” by DMX

I’m sure there are at least two more but they’re not coming to mind right now.

At work so I can’t hook up all the Youtube links at the moment but search and take a listen, you’ll be surprised how much was jacked!

It’s a great beat by the way, which is why I remember songs associated with it…

I will post some very obscure songs later tonight. Get your a-game ready.

oh shit Taana Gardner thats right mofo wow I am slippin :bowdown:bowdown:bowdown I really should have known that

Thought of a more recent song that can be a stumper and then you when you hear the sample you go “oh snap, what the…!”

(9) Kanye West - “Good Life”

I’m not sure which came first but I’m pretty sure I have the OG song that everybody else mentioned in mind

I know it’s MJ but I forgot the song name.

EDIT: Pretty Young Thangggggg

Good work, man… It’s super subtle and slowed to like half speed, but it’s there and it works.

well that is impressive because I sat here and listened to both songs and I just cant hear it so Kudos to you

It’s the synthesized portion after MJ goes “I want to love you…” it’s literally like three notes that are slowed down and put into “Good Life”

Next up, couple of samples in here… What are they? Hit me up!!

(10) “In My Arms” - Mylo

(11)“Everybody Wants to Rule The World” - Nas

(12)“Street Dreams” - Nas

(13)“Get Me Home” - Foxy Brown

lol this is so sad I cant think right now I know all 4 songs BUT you can delve further into both Nas songs because he is using 2 different things from songs. and even foxy brown seems like she is using LL with I still cant think Bleah I hope someone else takes a stab at this. This is a really great thread though

So who’s going to be that guy and post ‘Ice Ice Baby’ :lol

I’m not gonna lie, I still listen to that joint once in awhile and it’s on my iPod. Bwahahahahah