Name That Sample Quiz

We all know hip hop / R&B etc. has a ton of samples / rehashing / straight up jacking parts of songs…

So here’s a little thread / quiz. I’m sorry it’s all going to be hip hop / R&B related but that’s mostly what I listen to, aside from soul / Motown / 70s (where a lot of this stuff comes from)…

I’ll post a youtube video link and the song. You check it out, and tell me the name and artist where the sample is from.

Note: in some songs the sample is a small part of the song, in others, the whole damn song gets jacked…

I know some people will get it title alone, but hey if you don’t know the song, check the link. I’ll start with a couple of easy ones and then move on…

(1) “I’ll Be Missing You” - 112, Diddy, F. Evans

(2) “Men In Black” - Will Smith

(3) “Juicy” - Notorious B.I.G.

When posting an answer, indicate what number it’s for… Later…

1= police/sting: every breath you take

workin on the other two

dunno the other two

Im really fucking confused by this as you posted the songs, the youtube link tells you what they are etc… and then you want us to tell you what they are?

:wierd

Ohhh nvm i get it now

you want us to tell you what of the original songs these were taken from

noooooo

each song has a sample of another song in it and you have to name it. you can easily cheat but i guess he’s trusting us not to :lol

i got one

Eminem: Stan

Dildo - Thank you…

And thats what I just said… the orginal songs/lyrics that they came from

both of our posts were at 9:21 numbnuts i didnt feel like editing it

Interesting thread.

I was unaware of the fact that the MIB sountrack was based on a sample. :ponder I’d love to hear the original.

Since Archie posted some hard ones that people may not guess, I’ll add one or two more to the mix to get this rolling and eventually some 12 year old will login and emberass most of us with his profound knowledge of the music that was made well before he was born :ahh

(4)Kanye west, stronger.

(5)Swollen Members - fuel injected

Edit: Throw just about any kanye song in here :lol

4.daft punk - harder better faster stronger
5.dj shadow -the organ donor

Well done!

Your turn.

1. Police/Sting- everything breathe you take

2. Patrice Rushen- forget me nots

3. Juicy Fruit- maybe that was the name of the song or band I just remember my mom having the vinyl record with a black guy and girl on the cover with A SHIT TON of GerryCurl Juice in there hair

Cars4Cancer was pretty close, he did get the 2nd one…
Kramer got the 1st one…
Close on the 3rd one, but no cigar…

(1) “I’ll Be Missing You” - 112, Diddy, F. Evans

Sample: “Every Breath You Take” - The Police

(2) “Men In Black” - Will Smith

Sample: “Forget Me Nots” - Patrice Rushen

(3) “Juicy” - Notorious B.I.G.

Sample: “Juicy Fruit” - Mtume

Next three:

(6) “Mo’ Money Mo’ Problems” - Notorious B.I.G., Ma$e, Diddy

(7) “Get Ready” - Ma$e

(I could only find the instrumental, but that should be all you need)

(8) “Hey Lover” - LL Cool J (feat. Boyz II Men)

BAHHHHHHH HUMBUG…Juicy Fruit mofooo I knew it BUT I wasnt sure on the band name or song name

Diana Ross- I’m coming out

Shalamar-Night to Remember

Michael Jackson used this whole sampler in his song Lady in my life BUT I dont know who he got it from

The theme song from Welcome Back Kotter!? :rofl

Everything in this thread puzzles me.

I’m going to go play some video games.

Yeah you got them all… Good job!

I thought that the main loop in (8) is based on “The Lady In My Life”, at least that’s what I remember from looking at the cover notes on the CD back in the day.

I don’t think there was a previous song before that.

This is simple Benny, Pretty much all hip hop and R&B takes sample riffs from other music that already has been done BUT of course the either speed it up and some slow it down, Now its just figuring out where the sample, bass and trebs came from is the question.