NECC @ Street Car Challenge - Sept 17th

Hey all!

So who is all going to be attending the event? I know there were some big discussions among the S13 guys, for a little friendly competition.

We should throw together a few teams, and see how we do.

Here is an email I received:

Over 300 sport compacts, imports and domestic custom cars will gather at Street
Car Challenge (SCC).

SCC is western Canada.s largest tuner-focused motorsports event and is the only
single event that brings together race, show, autocross and drifting
competitions.

During SCC, expect to see the hottest vehicles race across the Subracing.com
quarter-mile drag strip and autocross track. At the same time, spectacular
vehicles competing in The Tire Warehouse show competitions combine with the
Autocross Drift showoff team to drive the capacity crowd into a frenzy only seen
at SCC!

STREET CAR CHALLENGE
SATURDAY SEPTERMBER 16, 2006

Castrol Raceway, Edmonton, Alberta

Gates open for spectators 12 PM - 5 PM
Competitor registration 9:30 AM to 12 PM

For competition information and more details on the show, please visit
www.streetcarchallenge.ca

So who is up for it? I think I may brave the fear of blowing something up and doing some runs.

i will be there drifting, and most likely dragging on team kent flavio and the clan hahah well see though

Clan is at an Uber COol InViTes OnlYZ event so he wont be there. Anyone wanna Join Me and Kent on a drag team??? Good car and driver a MUST!
Double Down?? 2003Specv??? Aaron???

I was thinking about bringing th grocery getter out & seeing what she can do but just remembered I have a wedding to go to! :?

i’l be there for my first run ever down the strip!
hopin for low 13’s! :smiley:

WOOT i will be there running 13.5’s

I might be interested if you guys want me in.

Might be an interesting idea. Hmmmmm. I should be there, running, I don’t know what. Hopefully not 13’s anymore. lol

attn ricer louis and slow runer a-dawg we want qualified drivers hahahahhaahahahah :finga: jk if you want to join please submit a resume WITH references to both flavio and i and we will consider your applications… :E

Hahaha screw you dick. :lol: You want me in or what?

Speaking of drag racing, Mike ran this car to a 13.6 when it was his. He had stock wheels on it with shitty tires and I think I remember him saying he spun 1st and some of second. Would I be better off with some lighter 16x6.5 with 195’s? Or stick with the 9’s with 255’s to get a good launch? I don’t want to show up and be stuck running high 13’s when I know the car is more capable than that. Tis been a LONG time since I visited the drag strip.

I tried 195’s with low tire pressure and soft suspension in the back for launches, but all that did was cause wheel hop. The 195’s don’t handle the shift to 2nd gear very well either… you’ll get some slippage.

Keep your wide tires on there… there’s lots of rubber in the launch box, you shouldn’t have problems with traction.

• Mike

Whose box got a lot of rubber ? oh i get it.

Kent I’ll take off my ricer stripe if you sport a white seagul sticker on your hood. Deal?

done your in louis welcome to the team… :lol:

Sweet! I’m getting you a seagul decal!!!

So who else is in? Teams of 4 right?

hey, me and a couple of my friends will be there in my 240 and a talon, im just wondering what it costs to get into…

Dont know if ill be racing…My boost controller shit itself today and 11psi just feels like ass now compared to 16psi.

So what? You’ve got a whole week to get a new one here. :?

Hmmmm, I’m still in the debate if I want to race or not. Hmmmm.

So who is all coming out to spectate? We can all roll in together, and take up a section in the pits? Anyone?