V8less's Sport Compact Challenge Sept. 17th.

Hey all,

Just wanted to make a post on who would be interested in creating some teams for the Club Challenge at the SCC next Saturday?

I beleive they are teams of four, and you can either drag or show (not sure on the drift and autox abilities). Highest combined scores make up the team score.

I think we have a pretty good chance.

I for one will be attending, and would like to see some sort of team made up. We will be making up a small booth for the NECC, and we can all hang out there.

Post up your ideas and comments.

I’m going, probably just going to enter the show. I’m not sure how the points system works for that, but I should have a few more toys on the car in time for the show :stuck_out_tongue:

who is going to outdrift us ?! Albertaprelude club ? tee heeee heeeeee

I’m going to be there. I won’t be entering into anything but I want to officially register with NECC while I am there because I don’t live in Edmonton so this will be one of the few times this month that I’m going to be up. If anybody could tell me who to talk for NECC registering while there that would be great.

You can chat with me when you get there. I’m the tall dude with the red 240.

I should be there but I don’t think I will be entering anything. If I do it will be the autocross.

Cool see you then.

Good to hear buddy!

I’m coming up to race (drag). I am up for running with a team. I think Beyond is going to be the team to beat, depending on how they do in show. They have some good Auot-xrs and some fast drag cars (fukn Civics-hatem!)

I will have to talk with Shawn (red300) and see if he is going and if he’s representing Beyond, he did in Calgary. Hopefully I can sway him :slight_smile:

Aaron I am planing on going so what exactly does going into a team do vs. going solo?

That would be sweet if Shawn could make it up and would want to rep us. Either way, we can have multiple teams if we wish i guess.

I’m still waiting to hear back from Mark at V8less, to see what the rules and stuff are for the team events, and what it all includes.

I beleive that if you go in a team, you can still win best solo and whatever other categories you enter yourself into. Just that if you are in a team, your combined score from your individual runs are added up to create a team score. So either way solo or not, you’re good to go. You are just making a double cause by going into a team! :smiley:

Teams can essentially be made up the day of, so if we are hard off to get a team together, we can fire something up the day of.

If there is drifting included in the team events, I can’t really see how the Nissan team can loose, with drag, autox, drift, and show all in one. The only real competitors for drift are the toyotas, and they are not much to speak for in the show, and drag competitions (unless of course a few supras are there).

Anyhow, those who are interested, post here some more, and we’ll figure it all out. Like I said, I have yet to hear from Mark at V8less, so I"m not sure how the teams are supposed to be set up. We’ll have to figure that out when the time comes.

Thanks guys!

I will be there… however i dont know what it is ill be doing… i doubt my car will be entered cause its not really fast nor is it good looking … lol but i will be there to support the club!

Looks like the team events will be set up similar to last years, except that AutoXing will be included for the team event. You race just as normal, except that they include your time/score to the team you are representing!

So it’s a 4 member team, and you can either show, drag, or autoX.

Personally, I’m dragging. So lets put together some teams to rep the NECC. I’m sure we can do real well.

Team #1:

1. SRBURG13 (91 240sx): Drag

Team #2:
1)
2)
3)
4)

If you need to fill a spot you can add me, but if not, no big deal. I’ll be in the show portion only.

Gotta save the racing for next year :stuck_out_tongue: Besides, this heavy beast won’t like a tight autocross track very much.

Unfortunately if I’m out to race it’s not going to be in a Nissan. Should be a fun day regardless. :E

I will be there drifting, autocross and dragging hopefully. Maybe even show if they can find time to judge me, although i wouldnt call my car show quality exactly. The problem with drifting though, is that its invite only, so its hard to include that in the team scores…when not everyone has equal chance to be in it.

if it wasnt 40 dollars to drag I would have considered it.

Im gonna be there auto crossing my 240, i just got my coilovers, wheels, and strut tower braces installed, and my interior is stripped to the bone so im hoping to be a contender, id love to join up with the team so count me in.

I heard on 780tuners that stripped interiors aren’t allowed; don’t quote me on this, it might be just for the drag racing. There are a few SCC threads and I vaguely remember reading this in one of them.

Looks like the drag rules only state this, there doesn’t seem to much on the Auto-X rules and regs.

http://www.sportcompactchallenge.ca