Sport Compact Challenge - September 19th, 2004

The V8less Sport Compact Challenge Tour - Edmonton combines quarter-mile drag racing, sport compact show, and audio competitions.

The 2004 V8less SCC Tour is a four event national series. Competitors can earn payouts at each event during the season as well as points towards the Tour’s championship payout.

Competitors have a chance to win a set of tires from The Tire Warehouse at this event!

Date: September 19, 2004
Venue: Budweiser Motorsports Park (www.budpark.com)
Show Hours: 10am – 6pm
Competitor Roll-in and Tech: 9am - 12pm

Spectators:
General Admission - $12
Ages 4-10 - $6
3 and Under - FREE

Competitors:
Drag Racing - $40, includes admission for driver
Showoff - $25, includes admission for driver
Soundoff/dB Drags - $20, includes admission for driver

REGISTRATION CLOSES AT 12PM

Drag Racing and Soundoff competitors can also compete in the Showoff at no additional cost. If your vehicle is entered in the Showoff, it is your responsibility to ensure that your vehicle has not missed judging while it was competiting in the Drag Racing and/or Soundoff events. In other words, it is your responsibility to ensure that your vehicle has been judged. If you need additional information about judging speak to a V8less representative beforehand. They will be happy to help you out.

Just thought I would remind all of you about this event. The first date was a rainout so I hope we can plan something for this one. We should maybe have a booth set up if some of you want to show off your cars. Is anyone going to be racing? Just wondering who would be thinking of going down and checking out the scene.

Thanks

Mike

People who are interested:

-SRBURG13 (Showing and Racing)
-Inzane (Racing)
-Chromedragon (Racing)
-Dconz (Racing)
-silvia_s13 (Watching)
-Nis240 (Watching)
-nissanz32
-Blackest 240
-TyPhOOn
-DeathBy240(Showing for sure, might race)
-quickshifter (Show)

I will be there.

I’ll be racing and showing.

We should fire together a nice little team.

Anyone interested in joining me on one?

I will see how things are … but I prolly will be there

I’d love to go but my car is a hurting unit right now, currently doing some “minor” alterations :wink: :twisted: .

I’m definately up for this. Racing for sure. Not sure about the show part… kinda sucks trying to be two places at once.

Count me in for a team entry.

I do believe I’ll be racing, so hopefully I’ll have the intercooler installed by then and will be able to shoot for some mid to low 13s…who knows, maybe even something in the 12s? :shock:

I’m in for the races for sure!

ill show up if im free for the day for sure

I am definatley in for this one since the last one was rained out. ( show )

I might be there to race my winter beater if I end up buying it. I cant take my 240 unless I slap on a new door or two. If neither of those options pan out I will be there to watch.

Shaved door handles suck but look good.

silvia_s13 Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:40 pm Post subject:

DeathBy240 wrote:
I cant take my 240 unless I slap on a new door or two. If neither of those options pan out I will be there to watch.

Shaved door handles suck but look good.

are u guys sure u cant run with shaved door handles? cause my buddie ran his del sol there with shaved handles :?:

Really, you can’t run with shaved handles? Hmmm, I beleive it though, cause then if you crashed, the safety dudes couldn’t come and open the door to get you out if you were unconscious.

I was told by Kirill at Pro Drag. He was planning on doing it to his DSM but he found out it was against Bud Parks rules.

I’m in for the show portion, also are we meeting at Gateway Park at 9ish again??

Definatly in for watching… Hopefully next year racing :wink:

Yeah, meeting first is always a good idea.

Since roll-in is at 9am til Noon. Lets meet at 9am at Gateway Park again (big oil rig between Calgary Trail North and South just south of the city). Then leave from there. Or maybe it should be smarter to meet earlier and be at the park for 9am, becaues god knows there’s gonna be a huge ass line.

What do you think?

F%#$'ing weather again looks shitty for the upcoming SCC. (theweathernetwork.com)

Get on with winter… this ‘summer’ sucks!

I still need to get another donated tire to destroy in the burnout contest…maybe I’ll take a trip by PYP. :twisted: