Need electrical help, ASAP!

OK, here’s what I need…

I have two outlets in my laundry room for a dryer, except that both outlets are the WRONG THING. So, I went and bought the right outlet, but I have no idea what I’m doing. So I need someone to come over and switch over the outlet to the one that fits my dryer.

If you can help me, can you please call??? 412-605-9703. I won’t be back online until at least tomorrow cause verizon is screwing me over on my internet, and I have a bunch of laundry I must do!!!

have your landlord do that. they tend to not like outsiders doing work

You don’t want to fuck with that. The outlets that you have there, especially if they are one on top of the other, are normal 110volt outlets. You need a 220volt line for an electrical dryer. Just switching it over to the new outlet will not work, you will need to have a thick guage wire and seperate breaker installed for a 220volt outlet.

No, both the outlets that are there are 220 outlets… and so is the third one that I bought.

take the receptacle back and buy the proper plug for the dryer. its easier and safer. you could do it your self.

Same pm I sent . . . Three screws and you’re doin laundry. :eek3:

like they said or have landlord do the swap. i wont touch something in this situation. to many liablities with landlords

you need a different pigtail, buy a pigtail to match the outlet you’re using, attach the 3 ends to the back of the dryer (replacing the old pigtail) and plug it in.

left a message w/ landlord… he’s gotta come over anyways and fix my garage door opener… it really hasn’t been my week. :sadwavey: