Need Garage Security? Foscam on Sale at Amazon

I just bought one of these to try it out from a Home Depot sale a few weeks ago, and I am just finally getting it tomorrow. Wish I had bought from amazon or that this sale had happened first. From reading around they are moving these out to make way for a 720P with smoother framerates, but for this price I am not too concerned with the overall quality. There are screen shots online that show the quality is high enough. PAGING 1QUIKZ with this post.

See this thread for a good reason to have cameras on your house or garage: http://www.nyspeed.com/showthread.php?235562-Theft-caught-on-camera-at-a-local-business

I have 2 foscams on my house. They are awesome! Nightvision, they rotate and have sound.

Snapshot of mine:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c204/bobbyg1243/7052578B-1142-437C-9087-0454A6680CC6-39736-00001B566831EBA7.jpg

:tup: thanks for the image. That helps to confirm that I will likely love these. is the night vision pretty decent?

Its actually really good. I paid $150 for 2 cams and I am still trying to figure out how to remotely view them. Maybe after you get yours going you can help me with mine since I offered mental verification for these cameras for you haha

I don’t see anything about outdoor use so I’m assuming these are indoor only, right?

team viewer?

link doesnt work which model are you guys talking about, i wanna grab 2 of these

Open hole in router for the port/ports cam software specifies…boom profitz!

http://foscam.us/faq
Go to the “What Is Port Forwarding And How Do I Set It Up?” section and set your router up to port forward.

It looks like the amazon deal is expired, but this is the camera that I bought:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008EGELJS?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Do you guys have these set up to record on motion or something, or do you just miss your back yard so much that you feel the need to log in from work and look at it remotely?

I will have it motion activated so that it records on motion and sends an email when it does.

I am also placing one in my 20mo old room, that will be sound or motion activated (will see what it allows) and it will alert my phone that she is up. We are very close on potty training and the nights are still a problem because we usually don’t hear her say potty until it is too late. This will fix that issue.

You can set this to basically whatever you want. It can email you certain lengths of the motion detected. You can have it setup to follow the motion. You can also just have it rotate all day either horizontal or vertical. Mine are tucked under my carport so that I don’t have to worry about them being exposed to the elements and it came with 2 sized antennas. One small and one bigger one for picking up wifi out of reach.

You people make me laugh if you think a $90 camera is gonna help you see who is breaking into your garage at night. You better plan on having them very close to the ground and with a giant flood light attached to it as well because your “night vision” isn’t gonna ID anything worth while to help you other than seeing what window they broke into.

It is pretty bad I can look up at a security camera and know what it can see and how to avoid it after dealing with all these security walk through jobs.

Anyone with a half of brain can detect security cams (esp. those cheap fake ones people buy lol) this is more for the piece of mind and deturrance for fellow homeowners im guessing.

Hmmm… Nope. I set it up outside last night and it was a very good picture. I will get one and post it. Perfectly visible in the dark, but I do have a large light that is triggered which in the end will keep people away. It is not as much about recording a criminal, it is about making them move to an easier target.

Keep my wife locked up at the shop nights now. Turned the heat off and it makes her miserable. Put her up against a starved Pit Bull any day.

Lol, if you are married I feel as bad for her as i do my own.

I don’t think that these cameras are useless.

We had some problems with kids vandalizing cars in our area. Some neighbors put up cheap ebay cameras with night vision.

Sent the footage of a kid slashing a tire to the cops, the cops then knew who the kid was and made him pay restitution. My fiance got a 180 dollar check for two new tires.

I can send my wife over to sit on the porch overnight.

Just saw these are on Groupon for $85 w/ free shipping if anyone is interested