need help QUICK please!

While I like Mike, he has not an engineer. I had defective Volks I was gonna put on my Subaru that balanced out just fine, but I still didn’t run them. I just sold them as a set of three for what I paid and threw in the defective wheel for free.

Send the wheel to RimPro or WheelPro in Massachusetts to get their professional opinion, or even back to BBS. When it comes to safety, I wouldn’t trust pretty much anyone on Shift over someone who gets paid to do it for a living. You’re driving a Viper. Unless you did it solely for attention so people will look at you, and you never plan on driving on a street with any sort of pothole, or never plan on putting the pedal to the floor, get the damn wheel checked out.

better safe than sorry. esp when spending the money on such a wheel and car in the first place.

/\ I agree 100% and no offense was taken Chris. Why I told him the moment I got the call from dave was to try and contact Adam since he knows metal, machining and the like. I pictured them as forged aluminum objects more so than wheels and how the metal was effected.

I wasn't directing my comments towards you in a literal fashion. You make it very clear that spending money is not something you are scared of. I like that. 

I applaud your wheel choice (and the Viper), I just don't want anyone getting hurt and/or watching the eye of the shitstorm focusing back on Mike if the wheel fails at speed.  

I wouldn't have weighed in if I didn't have first hand experience. Hell, I would have ran the wheel myself.  But last year someone brought me an RS2 with a 6" split in the barrel.  The split was on the groove FROM A BROKEN CARRIER BOLT.  The damage was more significant than yours... But had the same inflection as yours around the whole barrel.  A Rochester pothole was the nail in the coffin for that wheel.  A new barrel was ordered even though I was pretty confident I could fix it. It's just not worth it. 

Finding an 18x10 LM barrel is not going to be as easy as an 18x9 RS2 barrel. I have some contacts that may or may not be able to help you. Ill do a little leg work if you would like.

Why do dudes keep bringing up Honda civics? I’m so lost…I’m not sure if that’s being directed at me or not. I have never and will never own a Honda civic.

arnt these wider than 10"? more like 12-13"

They could be. I just assumed 10" for some reason.

10 in front… 13s out back. It’s a front wheel.

no one asked u

if you could find one reasonably priced thatd be sweet… and civic is the first car that came to my mind considering 90% of broke punk kids drive that have rusted quarters with 6" mufflers… no offense to anyone here that has a legit built or stock civic.

thank god, id never find 13" BARREL LOL

Fuck you!

I’m gonna drano bomb the fuck out of your house later.

no real reason for posting this here:
http://octopup.org/img/mexico2005/m/Mexico-2005--0946-0224-Eronga--Guy-Riding-Donkey.jpg

deadbeat is definetly one of the people i would actually listen to about structural integrity of components or defermation of material. But whatever no one seems to care

Don’t u have a lake to drive into or something? :wink:

So many techs in this thread lol , I would look for a barrel if it has a issue plain and simple esp cause of the forces the front wheels has ! It’s turning side loading etc . Metal is designed to bend yes and that’s y certain things are engineered to do . A barrel having a gouge out of it all the way around is gonna weaken the wheel no matter how u look at it ! I have personally seen what a wheel can do when it comes apart . Dave I know it sucks but think of the others on the road before u drive on that wheel ! Being a friend with u or not if my wife was driving next u and ya lost the wheel and hit her I would beat u with a pipe lol

I’ve beat ur wife with my pipe too!!

:facepalm this thread

Well that bolt or whatever was used to deform the forged material was more than likely on there awhile while this dude was racing around the track and heating up. This gave it time to plasticly defore the metal. By the time he noticed it it had time to air quench and harden that spot all the way around the dia. So now he could have a potential harder spot all the way around the barrel. Being harder it’s also more brittle. So if you were to ever hit a large bump or pothole, while the rest of the wheel flexes, this spot could crack.

My two cents mean nothing. :slight_smile:

Well that’s gross