Need opinions...

Well I have been shopping around for a car just because I have been getting bored with my current car.

Ive been talking with this seller for a few days and really like the car but I don’t really have a solid idea about the swap as far as dollar signs and reliability. He has some interest in my car so the idea of a trade has been tossed around.

… I would eventually boost this if the platform is a good starting point.

Opinions are nice, feel free to flame away

1998 integra the car is very clean no rust and was always well maintained. the car has 144k on body an has a b18b motor swap with 80k on it have paperwork trans is b16b superlong gears an has lsd.

mods

stage 3 6 puck clutch
tein springs
camber kit
full 2 1/2" exhaust test pipe headers back
5 set rota gt3 rims with new federal 595 tires
windows are tinted
car is chipped
has 8k hids
type R floor mat set
type R rear bumper
front lip
rear badge is missing but will fix upon request
overall car runs strong an is a quick nice clean car

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai…00000273631157

My Car:
2001 VW Jetta 1.8t 132k
Koni Yellows
HR Shocks
HR Rear Sway
Forge TIP
4Motion front lip
GIAC Flash
Rex8 VW OEM wheels for summer
Good set of snows on S4 fakeouts
Very very limited rust

So do I buy this outright, trade, +/- cash, don’t bother with it

Im looking for opinions on that car, what you would sell it at etc…

EDIT: I would be saving some money as far as insurance goes as well as not deal with a VW anymore.

The Type R floormat’s would sell me.

Interested in selling the S4 fakes with snows?

I would keep the Jetta, and maybe just by some Type-R floor mats for it :slight_smile:

Come on guys, those mats add like 8mph, you can’t find that in most other mods at that price.

Selling the snows, possibly, if the sale or trade of this doesn’t go through then ill need them.

98 integras came with a b18b stock unless it was a gsr or itr

I used to have a 95 teg, I liked it

^ yeah, that motor came with the car. Integras are nice cars

I’d want to know why the motor was replaced with such relatively low miles. It sounds like another ebay modded integra, which 9 times outta 10 means it gets driven hard. I’d pass and find a stock one, you can lower it yourself since that’s about the only mod worth while on that car. The exhaust does nothing but give you tickets, the overkill clutch is useless with no mods, chipping is pointless, gt3’s look like crap on an integra unless it really low and those tires aren’t that great.

To add to what everyone else is saying, the b16b trans has very short gears, definitely not long gears. It was made to take advantage of the top end power a b16b makes. IF it has long gears its definitely not that trans, more likely its just the LS (read b18a/b) trans which is just their stock trans

Keep the VW you will be VERY disappointed going from a VW to a Honda… if you do ANYTHING sell the VW and just get a STOCK car. your just going to keep running into headaches with modded cars(especially swapped cars). considering you work 3 jobs you really don’t need an extra headache.

I would absolutely keep the VW.