need snow tires..

anyone know a good place to get snow tires. i want to get them soon for my SS. tire rack doesnt have much of a selection for my car…only 2 kinds, both of which are pretty pricey. i figured some of your guys that drive cars year round might have some recommendations. tire size is 215/45-18

Did you consider getting another set of wheels and going smaller for winter? Also much easier swapping them over.

well i’d do that if i came across a good deal…brian (or anyone))…have any steel wheels that would fit my car? i’m on a somewhat tight budget

steelies shouldnt be hard to find

are 15" stteelies going to clear the brakes? i know SRT’s had a hard time finding steel wheels to clear… only pt cruisers worked well.

how bout a set of like 16" allum. ones off a base cobalt.

what I do for the Jetta, is just run another set of wheels. You are probably going to need 16s to clear the brakes. Pick up a set of steel wheels, sailor got me mine. Then get some tires from Brian. Not sure what brand they are, but he recommended me an awesome tire and for a great price. I have no problems in the winter.

if anyone has steel wheels that fit, let me know. i guess once i get those then i’ll look at gettin some tires for them

try discount tire direct

steelies from the mid 90’s f bodys that had hubcaps would be your best bet

for a colbot ss,dont think

i’m prety much lookin for 16" in 5x110 if anyone knows of any.

good luck,having a hell of a time finding them

ya, havin a hard time also. plus what i did find is kinda expensive (like $100 per wheel). so maybe i should just get the tires to fit my existing rims. so anyone know a place to get snow tires at a god cost for 18" rims? tire rack has 2 choices, discount tire has none. not too many options

try discount tire or tire rack for winter wheel & tire package

i duno if itll work but i still have ws6 steelies w/ fresh snow tires for sale if anyone needs em !

Have you thought about checking ebay? I just picked up a set of 18" Impala SS wheels for my 06 for $500. I’m going to throw snows (I need two more though for the back tires) on my factory rims and get some summer high performance tires for the SS wheels.

Been mentioned, but you might be able to find lower model Cobalt rims that fit. I would check around on the SS forums and see if other models clear the brakes. I didnt know those things had 18s on them.

ya. a guy pm’d me and said you need 16"s and up to clear eveything. i think the base cobalt steelies are 15s, so they wont work. i looked into what brian was sayin about the winter packages. there is a decently priced 16" package for my car. if no other deals come up, i’ll probly go with that.

Good luck, Im lucky have a winter beater truck for the snow months.

Mac I may be buying that cover off you. My car looked like shit last year due to leaving it un covered. :hsugh:

for my 06 si i ordered a winter tire and wheel package off of tire rack it was 500 with shipping through my work i went with 16" steel wheels and some dunlop snows ive had them before and the do good