Need to get XP pro for CHEAP

Im looking to get XP pro for cheap;) Does anyone have it or can hook me up with someone who does?

find someone who goes to UB and has not yet got their $5 copy of XP pro if you want a legit version

Anyone from UB able to help me out?

Isn’t the $5 one at UB just an upgrade?

no

Windows XP Professional ( Full Version w/ Service Pack 2 )
$99 after rebate at eCost.com
http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?dpno=445606

Supposedly it’s an OEM version, so you have to purchase at least 1 piece of hardware. But, it can be ANY piece of hardware. The salesman there told me to just get a USB cable or something else I might need, and it’ll cover the OEM agreement. I haven’t bought it, but I’m VERY tempted to do so. I hate dealing with Windows Genuine Advantage or whatever it’s called that makes my computer hate me.

Time is running out, though. 36 hours remaining on the deal.

I work at UBMicro, so I know. The Windows XP Pro that is available to UB students/faculty/staff is an upgrade. I have heard people say they have done a full install with it. Tis version also has the 32 and 64 bit versions.

If you have a UB id, you can get it. If you are a current student, I’m not going to ask, but you have to have a person number on your card.

It’s $5.17 after tax. You get one copy only and it installs only on 1 computer.

Hope that helps.

lol buying os’

keep feeding the M$ pit.

yeah, u can do a full install with it, ive done it. but personally, just download a hack copy of xp pro corporate edition. u dont have to activate it and it always updates

I’ve used bootlegged OSs since before many of you were born. I love stealing software like you couldn’t believe, but I’m finally realizing that if my OS dies or calls the Mother Ship and locks me out, I’m f*&#ed. I pay for some Sony software (Vegas - well over $500 total over the years) and some other music software (Propellerhead Reason - another $200+) as well as some programs for my Palm. But why won’t I shell out a mere $100 for the OS that I use on a daily basis?!!

If I didn’t RELY on my computer for my (extra) income, I’d treat it as a hobby and not worry if it died on me every couple months. But that’s not the case. I need my computer to be rock solid on a daily / weekly basis. I just spent 2 weeks troubleshooting my PC. The whole time, I couldn’t make some modifications to some client’s project, costing them $100, so I in turn offered them a $100 discount next time they come to me. Now, this was a hardware issue, so paying Microsoft won’t prevent this from happening again, but at least I won’t have to second-guess that it might be some cracked OS issue.

i dont think that this software is cracked tho, it doesnt require activation, just install it with a cdkey and thats it, no need to crack it or patch it.

i have never had an issue with a cracked os, most of them now are so good that u can even get updates. gotta just find the best one and go with it.

Not talking about the UB version. I’m not interested in it. $5 sounds nice, but I want to KNOW (not assume or guess) that it will be able to be further upgraded as they come out with newer OSs, etc.

The XP SP2 I have now is REALLY good, even came with a ton of other software on the disc. It shows up in a script when you’re done installing Windows (though they’re mostly outdated versions at this point). Anyway, like I said, what it comes down to is I want to be able to bitch to Microsoft when something messes up. Also, I was having a hard time getting AntiSpyware Beta 1 to update before, which requires the WGA thing. I’d rather know that I can officially get these updates. For $100, it’s worth it. The cost is absorbed into my side work without issue, so it’s really a no-brainer for me.

i have that disk too, all windows dvd is the one i use, its really nice and somebody went through alot to make all the menus pretty and such.

I’ve been using cracked OSs for like 8 years now and I’ve never had an issue ever.

Yuo = Teh Winnar

I haven’t had OS issues, just issues that stem from the use of an unauthorized copy of XP (like not being able to install Antispyware Beta). Little things, but enough to make me seriously consider spending $99 to avoid the whole worry. If you add up all the time I’ve spent dealing with downloading and burning WinXP versions, I’ve surely spent more than $99 of my time.

do a freaking sear4ch of the site …

the answer on how to solve the problem was already posted

once by someone else in a thread about i donno what

once by me as its own thread …

BUMP for crack OS :bump::snky:

You talking to me or the OP?

I’m not looking for any help here. :gotme:

yeah i was running one

then someone hooked me up with a jew B copy
so im running at lest a legit os hahaha