Need wheel/tire advice

I’m running 245/45/18 tires on all fours. I want to go with a staggered wheel setup consisting of 9.5" rear and 8.5" front. Will I be able to use my current tires with these size wheels? The car is getting lowered .08" as well, are these tires too tall for a drop?

go bigger and paint your rims pink.

easy killer

245/45/18 won’t be bad on a 8.5 but too narrow on a 9.5. Something like 275/40 would look good in the rear IMHO

no reason to run staggered wheels when you have the same size tire all the way around.

The plan is to eventually get beefier tires. 245 will have to do for the time being though, no money for tires after my suspension project.

Your car wont like the handling characteristics of a staggered setup but for looks, go nuts. Go to Tire Rack, get the specs on your tire, find out the max wheel width that size can be mounted on. That answer is a little more credible than this forum.

+1 Tirerack has a ton of great information and the people that work there are very helpful.

I worked in the tire business for years and although you might be able to stretch that 245 on a 9.5" rim it wont be worth it. Have some patients and do it right. 275/40/18 on the rear will keep your side wall height even front and rear. There are plenty of tires in this size including DRs as it is the factory C5 rear size. I got customers that bought tires at tire rack and wanted them mounted on their wheels. They were always cheap idiots and had the wrong size :angry2

or paint them blue :lol

I’ll give tirerack a call tomorrow. Time to give my cousin a call and see if I can get a deal on tires…

I couldn’t post this link the other day because I forgot the name of the site, but I had it bookmarked on my work computer.

This site can be pretty useful when you’re throwing ideas around for tire sizes. It’s the best site like this I’ve come across so far.

http://www.bigcustomwheels.com/rt_specs.jsp

Thats an awesome site for reference, thanks for the link.

I think I’m going to be running 265 or 275 on the rears and 255 on the fronts.

are u really only lowering it .08" ?

that thing is gonna be SLAMMED…

Yes, it’ll be a .08" drop.

you do realize you wont even notice that drop? thats like 1/16 of an inch.

It probably won’t me noticeable to anyone other than the Z crowd. Its enough of a drop for me though.