Need your guys honest opinion

thanks! now i can’t wait to get it all registered and insured and take it for a spin…

What are you waiting for?? :lol

You going to Americade with it this weekend??? If so make sure to avoid I-87.

NOOOOOO… def not experience enough to ride any freeways…

anyways i got a noob question… what rpm are you guys cruising at? First time out with no help from anyone i was cruisin around 4k and the check engine light came on, guess there’s an exhaust valve that closes if you idle it or lugg it around. So then i started cruising around 5k and the light went away

Riding highway do not require experience, you are riding in a straight line at a constant speed with no shifting and hard braking (hopefully); it doesn’t get any easier than that.

Why would the check engine light turned on when cruising at 4k?? NO check engine light should be on at any RPM. Are you sure it is the check engine light?

May be the guy set the shift light to turn on at 4K rpm?? :lol

im 100% positive its the check engine light.

i called him today and he said that if the bike idles or luggs then some exhaust valve closes and the check engine light comes on

Unlikely explanation.

Check engine light, if you even have one, should never come on during regular motor operations no matter what reason.

You most likely do have an exhaust servo but it simpy creates back pressure to help the motor.

I searched for a bit. It seems to be a common problem which had something to do with the EXUP valve got stuck; it might also show a code 18.

From what I read, even people have stock exhaust have this problem.

congratz

well if the exhaust valve is causing the light to come on it usually isn’t a big deal unless the bike goes into “limp mode” or if it stays on and you’re trying to get your inspection.