Need your guys honest opinion

well i’ve been searching craigslist all over NYS, VT, NH, NJ for a street bike. I’ve went n looked at 5+ bikes, and they either got sold from under me or was a POS.

now what am i asking you guys, what do you think of this bike?

2007 r6
completely stock
tires good
7500 miles.

the guy is firm on the 5000 price.

Now i know the paint is fuckin ugly. I did retire my spiderman outfit back when i was 6 and my superman outfit at 7. But i’m sick of looking around for bikes and the guy who owns it didn’t beat on it at all, and the bike hasn’t been dropped…

so what do you think?

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c303/motoxrider695/spiderman.jpg

edit: nvm
bike looks decent

it can be repainted if you get sick of it, so i say go for it!

in all honestly, if it didn’t have the blue i’d buy it in a hearbeat but because of the blue i’m debating on to get it or not. If i were to buy it i’d def have the blue painted black this weekend (or should i try to get it back to the original red?)

either way it would look sick, i would go red since there is already black on other places of the bike…red would clean it up a bit better

i think the paint isn’t a big deal. you could always buy a set of aftermarket ones already painted.

as long as the bike is in mint condition I think you should buy it

If red is old paint and blue is new possibly.

If the whole bikes has been painted it was very likely dropped.

just the blue was painted, it was originally red…

like i said, i have no idea what would posses someone to paint it like this… but for 500 bucks i can get new all white plastics so then the bike can be just how i want it.

If you don’t think you’re going to be happy or are having doubts about it then you shouldn’t buy it. All my bikes I’ve owned and sold were always in great shape or it was made clearly aware of what the bike needed.

What is your budget to spend on a bike? I find it hard to believe if you’ve got $5,000 to spend that you can’t find a decent bike.

It looks like a damn Transformer.

Honestly I would wait for a bike to come along that you don’t immediately have to sink money into to repaint. If painting it is no bigge for you then I’d say it’s a solid bike and you should go for it.

Autobots roll out!

the painting of it isn’t a big deal, no matter what bike i get, i was going to end up either buying new plastics or painting the plastics white. I dont know what it is about a white bike but it sure does look sexy…

The problem with everyone else is that they have 04’s n older machines and they’re asking crazy amount of money for them. To me, this bike doesnt seem like a bad first bike:eek3

I kno that i’m going to drop it so that’s why i’m starting to not worry about the plastics that much…

to give you an idea on the price, I picked up my 05 with some paint blemishes 2 years ago for $4500 and that was a steal at the time. You could get the bike, and repaint the entire thing and still be under what its worth imo. Be very careful with the throttle though. The R6’s can have a touchy throttle.

If those $500 fairings you’re talking about are the eBay china kit, get ready for them to not fit all all.

And what do you mean the blue is the original color? To me it seems like the whole bike was painted which is fishy.

Out of all the supersports that generation R6 is the best track bike but is the worst street bike. If your dead set on an SS bike look at Gsxr’s and Cbr’s.

yeah sorry i misprinted that, the red is the original color. then decided to add the blue.

Its not too bad, just ride it man. :slight_smile:

I promise I won’t ask you “How do you shot web? :dunno”

:lol:lol

Oh and for the record, I’d trust a guy who said they rode their bike hard over a guy who says he “never beat on it” especially if it’s a guy under 30.

For this time of year it seems like a decent price. Does it have any paper work or receipts for service done? Make sure you or some one you trust takes it for a test ride to make sure it shifts smoothly, doesn’t pull and that sort of thing. If you can wait prices for bike drop like a stone at the end of the season too. Other than the blue it looks sweet good luck with finding a bike.

oh yeah and $100 bills usually helps to drop the price too any gear come with it?

well i showed up today and showed the guy 4800 cash (all in 100s)
but he was still firm on the price.

So i did end up buying the bike… It really was a clean bike, hardly no wear and one small scratch near the bottom fender. I can’t really complain besides the blue, but i do plan on painting it white this winter.

I’ve been looking around for a couple months and looked at several other bikes, this one by far is the cleanest bike i’ve looked at.

Changing the color is much easier than having to worry about the motor. It runs/shifts flawlessly so i’m happy, Just wish it came with at least a helmet or jacket

i’ll be sure to post some pics later

Congrats man! :clap