New Aston Martin

I don’t know if this is a late April fools joke or what. But if it is true I have lost all respect for Aston.

[ATTACH]31321[/ATTACH]

http://www.astonmartin.com/cars/aston-martin-cygnet

It’s a super luxurious/high quality smart… I suppose if you are looking for a quality name without performance… that will do it.

not an april fools joke, they have rebaged the iq, made some changes to the exterior and interior and put another 40k on the price tag, because they have to meet fuel regulations and this allows them to.

The Cygnet has been out for a handful of years now. It’s based on a Toyota iQ, or Scion iQ here in the states. It’s a European market only release because of regulations on brand fuel consumption. They need to average a certain amount across the model line up, and since Aston’s second most economical car is a V8 Vantage, they needed something at the opposite side of the spectrum.

Edit…beat to the punch ^

if that is the case, what is lambo going to do?

I do believe that it’s a sanctioned plan that is beginning in the UK, thus Aston Martin, Bentley, Noble, Morgan, etc…all are downsizing and becoming more economical.

Just today for example Aston signed a deal with AMG for supply of engines for their future cars. AMG is now utilizing twin-turbos in their V8s and V12s that will get around the regulations a little bit.

Just hope that the new relationship doesn’t hinder AMG’s engine supply to Pagani.

then pagani can go to bmw for motors.

True, but BMW only, to my knowledge, deals with Wiesmann and Morgan.

I’ve known about the Scion IQ and thats why I though it could have been a joke. Never thought I’d see a scion rebadged as an Aston.

It is quite weird to think about, haha.

i can’t lie, i’ve played with the configurator and if i owned a real aston as my nice car and lived down in a big city i’d buy one of these for my daily commute, why? because i would laugh hysterically every day on my way to work and back and traffic wouldn’t bother me cause i’m driving one of the stupidest cars to ever exist.

Oof.

lamborghini was bought out by audi/vw. so being under the audi/vw corp they have enough fuel efficient vehicles on their lineup.

Word. Isn’t Aston owned by ford though? i mean, look at the fusion lol

Not anymore, they used to be

ftfy

but yea its funny now that ford doesn’t have a piece of aston they make their cars look like them.

David Richards from Prodrive bought them a couple years ago now.

looks like Bennys penis