WHAT THE F$#@ ASTON MARTIN

As some of you know, Ford was selling the majority of Aston off, it went to bid, I was really really hoping the current CEO backed by investors was going to win the bid… he didnt…

"All the bids are in and the winning bidder has been revealed: Aston Martin is being bought by LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SA, the French luxury goods consortium that produces upper-crust products ranging from leather trunks and wallets to champagne and cognac…and now exotic luxury sports cars, too. In placing the highest bid, Louis Vuitton beat out some serious contenders, including consortia led by Aston’s current boss, billionaire moguls and numerous heavy-hitting investment firms.

Ford Motor Company will reportedly retain 15% interest in Aston Martin when Louis Vuitton takes over. Although both Ford PAG and Louis Vuitton declined to comment to DowJones MarketWatch, the media outlet that broke the story, German car mag Autobild will be running the story tomorrow (Friday).

While there has been a history of fashion labels and automakers collaborating on special editions – including Aston Martin and Dunhill – the purchase of a stoic marque like Aston Martin is pioneering new ground, although Louis Vuitton does have an established history in sponsoring concours d’elegance.

Gold and brown DB9, anyone?"

well then… I can’t wait to see the sweet interior :frowning:

That’s awesome! We’ll be able to pick up cheap Aston Martin knockoffs in China Town soon!

Ooooh good point!

They’re called Jaguars.

Awesome now all the interiors will look like they just rolled out of the DUB showroom.

:tdown:

:lol:

Truth!

sweet, cars to match my shoes. I’ll have to get an Aston Martin for every day of the week.

could be worse they could want to do a retro style and bring back the virage (88-92)… ick

http://www.whiskyfun.com/MaterialForLog8/Hennessy-ad.jpg

there will be a bar in the center console and the seats will look like this :lol:
http://images.eluxury.com/assets_server/product/10950560/p10950560_ph_hero.jpg

You really need faster hosting, I am still waiting for it to load

It loaded fine, and quickly for me.

I just cannot stand any “designer” that has to have their logo or name front and center or all over everything they produce.

wow this should be interesting hah

The only upside I see here is the same company owns TAG Heuer

now it works, just took forever last time, heh

And tidbit: the DB7 was actually based loosely on the XJS, which was also the basis of the first XK. So the real way to look at it is that Aston Martins are overpriced Jaguars. :wink: Fitting that LV bought them.