New car, pics soon!

Finally found myself a new car
2003 Mazda Protege5 with a fairly long mod list…

GT25r turbo
Perrin fmic
626 single runner intake manifold
Phenolic instake spacer
AEM cai
Hallman manual boost controller
SR Motorsports cams
TWM ball bearing shifter/weighted knob
Corksport DP
Fidanza 7.5lb flywheel
ACT Heavy duty street clutch/pressure plate
PLX M300 Wideband
Autometer gauges
JDM Tails
AWR motor mounts
Mazdaspeed Protege ECU
Perrin BOV

I need to get the bitch tuned though and I believe I need a standalone to do so…so first things first if anyone has suggestion for that let me know! Pics will be up Thursday!!

My suggestion: Don’t buy other peoples projects.

i just bought a msp :slight_smile: congrats on your purchase

Thanks for being positive Darkstain.
My advice to you is not buy an automatic, being that it’s gay.
Thank Klink.

I am positive where positive is due. I’ve heard this story many times and for every time it turns out good there’s 10 times it turns out bad. I wish you the best, of course.

And as previously noted, PewterSS had an auto LS1 therefore it cannot be considered anything but pure badassery.

very valid point, but congrats nonetheless

You should have read this thread first (well before it all got deleted)

WTF is wrong with my evo

I wonder why someone took the time and spent all that money on mods… but never got it tuned?

I woulnt worry too much about it if it is an Fs series engine the 2.0s take boost very well…for stand alone I suggest the Megasquirt alot of guys on mx6 and probe boards run them…always got good results.and congrats its not like you bought a V6 auto camaro or anything

He had a standalone that he was using after he put the mazdaspeed ecu in but sold it out after he dropped the boost from 14 to 10, after that he bought his new jeep and he’s going into the service.

It’s a work in progress that I’m going to finish up with a few odds and ends, no big deal.

Cool… post up some pics!

nice purchase

check out mazda247.com, theres alot of local mazda guys on there and May 16th im setting up a mazda dyno, your more then welcome to come along if you want and see what power your putting down.

Also if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Also you can pick up a piggyback AFC, a company called split second makes it and they are about 350. I did the install and its real easy and tuning the car is easy as hell, now your not going to get a perfect tune at first but i did mine my self and it holds pretty good at 11.5 and then to 10-10.5 up top.

still no pics?

cause it’s a half ass job that will probably blow up in a week. :dunno:

did you miss his response?

there was a standalone in the car but it didnt get sold with the car.

and with these cars we cant just plug anything into the OBDII and tune it, we either need to wire in a piggyback or get a standalone.

Apparently you missed the point if the orginal question. I guess the standalone is attached to the camera which is required to be plugged into the OBD II port to piggy back the flash of the camera but then the camera will need tuned just so it works but we"ll still only get shitty jackstand ballin pics anyways.