NEW GUY HERE

Alright I’m not one to slander someones post, but why on earth would you put a 30R on a car and run 4lbs of bitch boost? :crazy

Oh and I remember when just put that bumper on his wicked clean Mk4 R32. Was not his best decision, glad to see you have plans to revert to something nice.

I obviously realize this, I’m not retarded…but I’m sure with my fpr and wideband, I will be able to tell if I’m hurting my engine. You can flame me all that you want, but you don’t know that it won’t work…unless you’ve tried it. I’m pretty sure 4psi on my engine with a little more fuel flow will be fine, and if its not I’m obviously not going to keep doing it. And ill wait another two weeks untill I can afford a bar and injectors. Thanks for the warm welcome though man…

Soo instead of saving money, running the stock turbo or a k04 possibly…just jump to a 30R and “make” it work. Is it even possible to run “4lbs of boost”? Do they even make a WG spring to allow it to run that low? I know with my 44mm Tial with a 10lb spring(incase you didn’t know, the 10lb is the “lowest boost” setting that spring will allow)…I can’t make any less than 12lbs on my 3076R.:ponder

Tial used to make 3 and 4.5lbs springs(small red and yellow IIRC) but I’ve never seen anyone actually use one :lol

http://www.frsport.com/Tial-38mm-External-Wastegate-Spring-Options-0.25-1.60-bar-3.6-23.2-psi_p_8967.html and I’m not even definite on the 30r, it was just an option. K04 seems like a waste of money to me, ive been in a 337 with one and a jetta with one…not that great.

whats wrong with the turbo thats in there

Anything could be wrong with it, its just not spooling at all I don’t believe, the car started but was running very rich. Ill know when it comes off in a few days. It would be cool if it was something minor, but I don’t think it will be. That’s not the kind of luck I have haha

was the turbo apart?

Nope, the turbo wasn’t touched the whole rebuild. That’s why its kind of a mystery why its not working…because I was in the car a few days before it spit valves and it was boosting fine.

Welcome

Lets just clear this up: You rebuilt the entire motor, with stock parts. Why not at that time, put rods (at a minimum) into it? AEB stock pistons hold power well, stock rods dont hold more than 300hp. well shy of that figure actually.

A 30R at 4 lbs isnt going to do squat, at all actually. I make 4lbs of boost on the 2step, and it doesnt make ANY power. Infact my 3076 starts to build boost, I am talking 5psi, at 3900 rpm, full boost 24lbs at 4200.

Not to mention I have yet to see a 4 lb wastegate spring, so you wont be able to boost OLNY 4lbs.

No offense but your full of missinformation here about hat 1.8t.

When the motor was apart, if you wanted to go 30R or what ever. You should have done ATLEAST rods. Proper build would have been forged pistons, forged rods, and build the head up to rev higher. Not to mention that 30R physically needs everything changed under the hood… exhaust manifold, down pipe, exhaust, intercooler piping, oil feed/return, coolant feed/return. thats just to bolt it on.

to make it run properly, under proper boost, even low boost for that turbo 16lbs lets say, would require a little less than a 630cc (@3bar) file (unitronic or eurodyne) and 630 injectors. 630 injectors need more fuel than that intank will provide, so you need a stronger drop in pump, or an inline pump to asist the stocker.

Then once it runs, forget about the stock clutch. Kiss the stock diff good by, and say hello to dif rivets blasting holes in your bellhousing.

That in a nut shell is what a 1.8t needs. Ask me how I know.

Running rich at start up has ZERO to do with any turbo/condition/size/…

And BTW just ploping in bigger injectors on that stock ecu wont do shit for fueling a different sized turbo. Fact. stock turbo MAF sees around 240grams of air flow under boost. My old k04-022 saw 310+, my 3076R, dont know since I am mafless, but I bet that would suck well over 600grams if it had a maf. The ecu will flip out and not know what to do with that much air flow in the maf, infact it will throw a code for it. Also your poor ecu only adapts out +/-25% fueling. so in order to “watch your wide band” and add fuel pressure, to richen it up under boost, enough to have the ecu have a fighting chance of not pegging block 31 @ +25% the pressure would be so high, it wouldnt idle!

K04-022, 26lbs of boost tuned properly, peeled the tires in 2nd. There are guys with that turbo, running high boost, WM and making close to 300ftq, which is stock rod bending power in these motors. They are no slouch. Infact they are MUCH more drivable than an on/off switch 30R is.

Because this thing has been seen in colonie a million times. And for the price /rebiuld he could of just brought something else but whatever not my car.

I’m hardly misinformed, the only thing you told me that I didn’t know already was that the diff will fail. It has a dual puck clutch in it that’s basically new. I’ve done a bunch of research about it. I apreciate the first hand advice though. I don’t really plan on keeping the car, I bought it to fix and sell basically…I’m not a huge fan of fwd. I just figured id have some fun with it before I put it up for sale. Thanks though!

Edit:
Oh and btw, if the turbo isn’t sppooling, wouldn’t that cause the car to run rich due to the lack of airflow? Or am I just crazy…

Meh, in total I’ve sppent about 3k. Which is pretty reasonable to me…seeing as how I could easily resell it for atleast 4-5k maybe even more and when your 17 making a couple grand off of a car is well worth the trouble. I don’t plan on keeping it. Ya feel me

There are .25 bar(3.7psi) and .30 bar (4.4psi) springs. I have used them, actually, my cousin still managed to kill his Civic with the .25 bar spring by running 87 octane…

Yeah I posted a link above somewherree and people are still trying to tell me they don’t make them…but I looked at the turbo today and there was just a bunch of random debris in it. So the car is officially up and running. Thank god.

Ahhhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Have fun. At 4psi it’s gonna rocket out of this atmosphere

Great choice on the 30r. Im running a 3076 on my 1.8t audi a4. On only 5.5 lbs of boost im running high 11’s. You should be in the 10’s no problem in that car.

Was that supposed to be funny?

:eek3