New guy with Cobalt

Welcome! :clap

Same year as mine. Have the rear brakes crap on you yet?? :rofl

brakes still work and im not getting a gm tune lol. the guy is down in Penn and is called Back Yard turbo(BYT) and know his shit with the cobalts

and some new pics on the first post

and yes im on CSS.net also and as BIG SS TC too

You already have a GM tune… Welcome though see ya around.

Why not go to Synapse? They are local and had a shop SS/TC…

Fixed

welcome, nice balt, nice to see a sedan too.

No way these picts are taken in Feb…

He probably went to a ‘meet’ south of here. That’d be my guess at least

because for 250 byt will tune it with hp tunners and is much better at it then they are not to be mean to them.

and i went up to Clarkson collage for a little car show on sunday.

when we left it was 38* 1/2 way their it was 36* then their was 46* but windy

i was thinkin about getting a turbo sedan about a year or so ago…liked that they decided to make one…didnt know they were that rare…changed my mind when i found out how bad cobalts were on insurance…

/PJB

That’s quite the claim and I believe it’s an unsubstantiated one at that.

Synapse also uses HP Tuners and has their own Dynapack. There are only so many parameters that HP Tuners even supports on the E69 VCM… there isn’t any magic involved on a basically stock vehicle that would make one good tuner better than another.

For $250, are they dyno tuning or just using a standard “this is what works” formula and street tuning?

I don’t work for Synapse, I just know Morgan is a great tuner and a stand up guy. I tune my own cars, so it honestly doesn’t affect me. I was simply trying to keep your money and your car with a LOCAL well known tuner.

^ +1.

Yea I would go to Synapse as its close and he has tuned a bunch of these cars already

I still remember that Autoblog article on their TC. I am just gonna leave it here for reference.

518’s very own thread:
http://shift518.com/showthread.php?t=2620

no byt has an 08 (i think) running E85 and just the air box mod and it in the 12s

and if your on CSS.net for the estcost for tunning it BYT is the best. Synapse wanted 500 just to tune.i asked. i can buy the tunning stuff for that much and then they can just email me a tune. Synapse makes some nice things for the Balts but for a good tune ill just go down their and BYT has been to tune at Synapse lasty year

LOL wut? Don’t bullshit; you didn’t buy the car because you couldn’t afford it.

21 years old, on my own policy is $700 every 6 months with collision coverage. My old Cavalier Z24 on my parents’ policy was $500 every six months without collision.

$250 for a street tune vs $500 for a dyno tune. It’s your car, drive to PA for a street tune if it makes you happy.

I have heard good things from another cobalt owner going to pa for byt … just saying

Give me $250 and I’ll tune it. haha. What is he going to do exactly? Dyno tune or load one of his preset deviant GM Stage 1 toonz and then dial it in while puttin around?

Either way, DI + factory wideband ftw!

-chris 88 z24 from cobaltasshattery.net

Morgan…