New Lotus in Buffalo? GTFO

At the Galleria Mall yesterday, in the back of the lot by Dicks/Jackastors, i saw what i thought was at first an Orange Elise on a trailer behind some nice new SUV…

Upon further inspection…this is what i found…

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2110&stc=1&d=1180500582

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2111&stc=1&d=1180500582

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2112&stc=1&d=1180500582

Ugh such a sick car…

way to go newman…you fucked up again…now you’re gonna have to sell that crashed up, overly common elise of yours and pick one of these up…

Chris’ exige, nice guy, awesome car. He was probably at an AutoX.

Thats an Exige.

Isn’t his name on Roclife Chiuman or something?

Who cares, ugly ass car if you ask me.

Wait for it…

Dont know Ryan, it’s Roclife so it gets a big “Who gives a fuck”.

Lol knew that’d come about somehow :slight_smile:

Arent there only slight differences between the 2, Elise vs exige. Exige has a tighter suspension and a slightly more powerful engine? Isnt that it?

I <3 orange anythings.

• cosmetics

every body panel with the exception of the doors is different…slightly…

100lbs more down force…

Yep. At the NCCC event there were 2 elise’s. (Well and elise and an exige.) Niether was Newman. The elise was at the MCC event too IIRC.

Ok, so its more aerodynamic and gets more downforce which really only applies on the track.

So take an elise, throw on a tighter suspension, a turblo, and a nice wing, and you have an exige. and considering the 20k price difference. It seems like that would be the way to go. Im probably severely wrong

um…lotus has always been dedicated to making cars that shine on the track…

and you want to mess with the suspension of an elise…thinking you can make it better…real smart…

I know Lotus dedicates themselves to that, but for the extra cost, of something that most people wont use, plus the less drivability on the road, especially buffalo roads. It would seem more ethical to get an elise and make it a little better. With the right people working on it, everything can be improved.

isnt the exige a sc’d b18?

correct me if im wrong plz

Ugh that is hot.

It’s a toyota motor. Looks like a 2ZZ-GE from the specs. According to wikipedia, in 2005 they made 50 with SC’s.

And stop thinking like they’re street cars. They’re turn-key track cars. Only crazy fucks drive them on the street. But those that do usually crack them up. Jackasses racing 17 year olds typically…

:stuck_out_tongue:

“Nestled beneath the Exige’s engine cover is a 179PS (132.5kW) derivative of the 1.8-litre K series motor. Although hardly lacking in power in standard form, this engine can easily be upgraded to 195PS (143.2kW) using products from the Lotus performance accessories range.”

Copied from lotus esprit world.com, but if you want the in depth you’ll have to wait for lotus humper 91mr2 to give you the ins and outs… or you might find him giving the exige the ins and outs, one or the other should happen soon.

And yea, I talked to the owner at the last autocross at NCCC, cool guy, good driver too :tup: believe he had FTD

EDIT: and yes, he is asian, and yes his license plate is ROTUS, which is fucking awesome. :smiley:

there were…umm 8 elises at my last auto x event/

all were within .5 seconds of eachother too.

:biglol: