new member from ballston spa

hi there
i just joined so i figured id come by and introduce my self
for those who care, my names matt, i live in ballston spa, but its pretty much on the saratoga boarder

im 17 years old and i have an 01 audi a4 1.8t
bone stock as of now except for a system that consists of a single 10" alpine type x in a 1.8 cubic foot box tuned to 32 hz powered by a kicker zx1000.1

for speakers i have memphis 4" co-ax speakers in the front doors and diamond HEX d6 6.5’s in the rear just running off my pioneer deck for now

engine mods for this winter just will be a blow off valve (most likely greddy type s) a turbo time (HKS) boost controller, and a boost gauge in a coustom pod and 8000k hid’s

spring will be rims, neuspeed exhaust, black w/ chome lip BBS 18’s, RS4 front bumper and grill and a FMIC

by the the start of next spring i hope to have a bigger turbo and a shaved and ported head and possible some TEIN coilovers, but since its the quattro, i cant really skimp out… lol

great to be here, and im a car audio whore, so if you have any quallity shit on the cheap, LMK

an FYI, ive dealt w/ both psi2high (bought an 8" jl w7) and 97cavy (bought a 15" t3 tss) so they can vouch for me as far as refs. go

thanks guys

oh and i just realized this should go in offbeat…

sry guys :headbang

:lol welcome!

skip all the crappy mods, you dont need a blow off valve. Save up for some good suspension and a turbo.

yeah i was thinking about some coilovers and rims first, lol

i could use a turbo timer though
i beat the crap out of it and dont have the time to sit in my car and let it cool off for 5 min, lol

Matt, it’s Ryan with the other 8w7 youre trying to buy… :lmao :lmao

Just let me know when you get the $$$$ ;D

Welcome 01 A4 :excited

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2007/2128363640_42818edf5c.jpg

17!?! Crap I am an old fart… :sad

is it a 6speed? :excited

Is there really evidence of this? I’ve heard 30 seconds is fine. I always viewed TT as a waste.

If its water cooled… then no

Just take it easy for the last 10~15 mins driving, it should be fine. Unless you are on boost for a long period and then immediately you have to turn the car off (like after a track session), then may be.

Or take the turbos off…who wants to go fast anyways :confused :lol

ryan! haha whats up bro, got another 75 today… and im tring to sell my type x… so hopefully cash will come soon

and dude, put it on here, i bought my other one from psi2high and it is a crazy ass sub for an 8

huh, good tidbit of info

so no bov, no tt, just suspention

i love the way that mofo handels now, w/ coilovers and sways, imma be taking some corners buddy

thanks for all the input guys

and a4 guys, chime in, id love to have a german meet or something in jan. or something to exchange mods and thoughts…

Here’s the original for sale thread:

http://shift518.gom-host.com/index.php/topic,4829.0.html

And you need to get into auto x, big guy.

Where exactly in BSpa do you live? I see this car moving all the time yet never parked anywhere. I live in BSpa of rt50 right by Cunnighams Ice…

If you want a new bov just for the sound get a Forge. You really don’t need one for that car unless you are pushing big numbers and even then you could just use a 710n diverter valve from an Audi TT.
Sell your system and buy performance parts for the car. You will have a lot more fun, trust me :lol

ive got a Forge 007 Diverter valve i can sell ya. blow off valve on that car isnt a good idea. i used this valve on my old A4 and on my GTI, but ive exceeded its use with my setup. so its a shelf warmer now. let me know if youre interested. its polished comes with 2 springs and shims. id recommend not getting a boost controller either. get it chipped(apr, unitronic,eurodyne,revo, giac) whatever fits your needs really, but EBC or MBC when using the stock software is a bad idea.

yeah, the guys at synapse said diverter valve is the better way to go
they said they can do a stainless steel one for 225 installed =]

you see my car?
lol, yeah, im usually just driving around if im not working, lol
w/ gas at 1.82 i drive all i can., lol

and i live right off 50 on geyser road near the navy base