new member in hamburg.

Hey nyspeeders, My name is Mike and i drive a 01 spyder eclipse. I have a couple mods but im looking to do a lot more. Also looking to show up at some of these meets ive been seeing. Hit me up if there are any in the area cause Id love to learn a lot more and find some good shops that I can get work done at.
Thanks everybody
Peace!

Welcome! Glad you were able to find the newbie section. Post some pics up of the Spyder when you can.

Welcome!

Hey fellow Hamburgian. Cruise night at the Warehouse now on Mondays, Shredd and Ragan (Thunderdome) Wednesdays. See you out there.

Welcome! :wave:

Hamburg :tdown:

Kidding. I’ve lived here my whole life. Welcome

Welcome

hello michael!

Man… I remember my hamburg days hanging out at the octagon and skating fleet bank.

what color is this is it red and boosted?, lmao i remember my days at the octagon too newman, you see i moved from hamburg to another shit hole cheektwoaga but still go to hamburg everyday fml, anyways :welcome: please post some pics of your ride!

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

fyi, your go to guy for dsm mods would be gary burch he does amazing work!

you are twice as dumb as i thought. Maybe if the kid had a DSM you would be on the right track

Did I miss something?

I think he’s saying that the Eclipse was only a DSM until 99. Not sure though, I don’t know a lot about them other than they got uglier and slower after 99.

EDIT:

No offense Mike.

This is correct, a 2001 eclipse spyder (which i have nothing wrong with) is not a DSM, at all, not even close. The only thing similar is the name Eclipse.

Wasn’t paying attention it’s not a dsm my bad, i woke up saw it posted and fell back asleep

Mike since know one has asked what mods are done to your car and I don’t think I’ve seen it in hamburg before

No wonder you can be at Mighty all night! You can crash during the day! haha

dude right, does anybody have a job these days?

haha well i have a job 6am to 430 mon through thursday so yes sonme people do work. And the mods (all of which were done before i got the car) are a b&m short shifter, a greddy exhaust, and an AEM intake. It has 18 inch rims and some super low pro’s which im not really in love with bc they have bad rash so im on the look out for that. Its not boosted but i plan on boosting down the road when I get some cash. And since it is not dsm, where do i go for mods now!? haha

ps i just moved to hamburg from buffalo so i have no idea what the octagon is, but im a huge mma fan so it has an awesome name haha.

Learn somethin every day lol. I kinda thought that may have been the reference, should have just googled it.

Do you fight by any chance?