New Pontiac G8 to be unveiled at Chicago Auto Show

No. Looks nothing like an M5.

As usual, like I stated above, Pontiacs US design team draws up another bland bag of ass holes rebody of a good Holden car.

:rolljerk:
:2fingers:
:bloated:

Yes they have been using the grills forever…but the BMW wannabe thing is true.

Who cares about this with the reintroduction of the Ford Taurus?

And the Sable!! FOR JOY!

YES!

I want:

Taurus SHO AWD with the 4.4 yamaha V8 from the Volvo XC90/S80.

Please… no hood nostrils… n/m it is a Pontiac - not a chance

[quote=“MPD47,post:41,topic:24125"”]

No. Looks nothing like an M5.

As usual, like I stated above, Pontiacs US design team draws up another bland bag of ass holes rebody of a good Holden car.

[/quote]

Further proof that some people will hate on a car no matter what, as long as it’s not from the country of their choice. You hate on the GTO because it was too round and smooth yet hate on this with it’s scoops and flares. All the while remaining in camp BMW that has been totally fucked up by the Chris Bengal school of design. Now that’s ironic.

Car and Driver is predicting a 28k base for a V8 G8, with a 6 speed auto to start and shortly after release a 6 speed manual as an option. If they can deliver on that price and get past the metro’s who turn their nose at anything not having a European pedigree I think Pontiac might have a real winner.

This car is one of the main reasons I am trying to put off on the new car till the end of this year

What motor is it getting.

The V-8 will headline the G8 GT, while base G8s will get the General’s DOHC 3.6-liter V-6 making 261 hp and 250 lb-ft twisting a five-speed automatic.

And that article is saying a base GT V8 will be 27k, not 28k like the print version I have at home.

Looks like Gm is gonna whore out the Zeta platform more than the W-body…yay

I would totally buy this.

man i love nonfunctional scoops on cars

oh wait

[quote=“ly555is,post:53,topic:24125"”]

man i love nonfunctional scoops on cars

oh wait

[/quote]

you don’t, but it’s amazing how many people upgraded their 04 scoopless GTO’s to the '05 hoods with the scoops.

when the LS2/T56s start showing up at dealers, i’ll be there test driving one for sure :tup: then in a couple years when i have a real job i’ll prob pick one up for a DD that hauls until i can afford to have a some better toys. this is, or course, unless something else comes out that i like better, but right now the idea that the G8 is everything i love about my GTO in a 4 door version really has me hooked!

I think this is a awesome formula. A 4 door daily driver that has the power and performance of a dedicated 2 door “performance” car. Its practical, has the room for several people and a good deal of cargo. It sounds like the prefect daily of family sedan for people who breathe perfomance.

And it looks good, not some watered down boat for fucking grandpa.

[quote=“Violator,post:56,topic:24125"”]

I think this is a awesome formula. A 4 door daily driver that has the power and performance of a dedicated 2 door “performance” car. Its practical, has the room for several people and a good deal of cargo. It sounds like the prefect daily of family sedan for people who breathe perfomance.

And it looks good, not some watered down boat for fucking grandpa.

[/quote]

Don’t forget the manual transmission. If this were an automatic, I wouldn’t think twice about it.

[quote=“JaysGreenLX,post:57,topic:24125"”]

Don’t forget the manual transmission. If this were an automatic, I wouldn’t think twice about it.

[/quote]

ditto. Its nice too see that a American manufacturer might have a chance at bringing a nice all around package to market.