Anyone here into or thinking about a G8?

I may pick up a GT or GXP for a DD if I can get the right price on one this summer. Haven’t driven one yet, but from what I hear they are pretty good, practical cars. Wondered if there were many experiences here. I did a search and saw that New Era has don’t some R&D which is good. I hate the front end though. If the hood is metal I’m shaving those stupid hood scoops.

I think it should have looked more like this though.

http://www.oz8.org/gallery/albums/Tuna/stripes.jpg

i think the front end was my favorite part of the car…

I suppose I could just find one of these hoods and bumper covers and put it on said G8. Would be different. Think anyone would know what it was?

prolly confuse many ppl, i also really like the front end stock

is that front bumper the stock Holden one? if so it looks like shit :tdown:

hm, interesting…

No experice with one other than seeing them on the road…but they’re domestic, so they’re probably garbage. /sarcasm

We have done a lot of R&D with the G8, so rest assured, you have a lot f support if you intend on doing some high performance upgrades to it, whatever you are looking for, we have something for you.

big mistake on GMs part giving it the shitty Pontiac brand name (and same look alth the front looks pretty good).
That automatically drops the appeal (and value IMO) of a good car

Well being sold in the US, what brand should it be sold under? :gotme:

the only thing i recall from working at a pontiac dealership, were the techs being really confused when they first came out. There were so many problems that couldnt be diagnosed, but im sure they have since been sorted.

hahaha

"boy this aint no reg-you-larrr geee emmm "

i think a stock G8 looks better than the one posted IMO

+1

The one posted looks like what would happen to a G8 if you took it to pepboys and said, “give me the best bodykit you have”.

I liked them when I saw it at the Chicago auto show. I laugh tho becuase side by side next to the new BMWs, they have some very similar features.

Look pretty slick still tho

I like it and am considering a GXP in the next year or two if I can swing it. Might wait to get a decent used one though. Couple friends that have GT’s like them

i like it but ehh 4 door car… if i had to buy a 4 door car i would buy this espically for the price and power you get

I’ll probably buy a GXP and then they’ll discontinue them the following year, continuing my trend.

• Buy F-bod in 2001, discontinued in 2002.
  • Buy GTO in 2005, discontinued in 2006.
  • Buy Trailblazer SS in 2007, discontinued in 2008.

I can find better ways to spend 40k

bingo

go buy an Evo for that price.