Anyone here into or thinking about a G8?

You really are the grim reaper of vehicles.

:picard: Not even remotely the same class vehicles.

I’d really consider one of these if they had only came in a 6spd… The auto just is not fun :frowning:

Haha that sucks.

If they don’t want Pontiac to turn out like Oldsmobile, they need to continue the trend they’re on now. Replace the G5 with a rebadged Cobalt SS, keep it up with the Solstice, G8, and axe the G6. If the Big 3 want to compete in the sports car market, they can’t afford to define their sport marque with the cheap, top-seller POS. Sure, the Firebird and Trans-Am were good cars, and I’d love a WS6, but the fact is that when people think of a late 90s Pontiac, they think of a Grand Am or a Grand Prix.

Define your sport line with bad FWD econoboxes, and eventually people will not look at it as a sport line in the first place. Hence, “they shouldn’t have made it a Pontiac.”

Here’s a list of cars I never want you to buy:
Pontiac Solstice GXP
Chevrolet Corvette Z-06
BMW 135i
BMW M3
Porsche 911
Mitsubishi Evo
Subaru Impreza STI
Lotus Exige

I might want to buy one of those when I have a job after law school, and I wouldn’t want them to be discontinued by your actions.

blk99z28 you should test drive one, and see what you think. there really nice

GXP comes in 6-speed manual

do your homework

yeah I know, the Mitsu is far beyond anything the g8 has to offer.

+1

Except for RWD, in which case, the answer is “buy a 135i w/ sport package.”

:picard:
GXP > Evo. Still apples to oranges though.

If you want a small car who’s ride quality on the street borders on S&M sure. I will say I haven’t driven the newest Evo yet and I’ve heard they softened it some. Still doesn’t change the fact that evo = small car platform, g8 = large car platform.

But really, not many people considering an evo would consider a G8, and not many people considering a G8 would consider an evo. They’re two completely different cars. I won’t say one is better than the other because they both have their demographics. Depending on which demographic you fit into one will be better for you but they are both great cars.

Mostly I’m just sick of a few posters bullshit domestic hate in every thread. Seriously, there are enough import threads for you go hump, so how about you just fuck off?

:bigclap:

The Evo X is a small car? I don’t think you know what you’re talking about. The G8 is cool but let’s not pretend it’s in the same class as an Evo.

G8 cons: driven by women and depressed 40 year olds
Evo X cons: looks like a catfish

:wink:

Amen Brotha

:bigclap: :bigclap:

Introduced for 2008, the current Mitsubishi Lancer is a compact sedan available in DE, ES and GTS trim levels.

Evo X interior volume: 100.2 cu/ft
Lancer interior volume: 105.8 cu/ft

Look, there are plenty of domestics I would happily own. There are also plenty of different ways to judge cars.

A Dodge Grand Carivan is TOTALLY better than a Ferrari F-430.

It’s an exaggeration, but what we mean when we say that (and you know it as well as we do) is that it PERFORMS better. After all, isn’t a major undertone of this site car performance?

The G8 is a perfectly fine car. A little heavy, a little big, a little compromised in terms of sport, but with a good engine. As far as domestics as a whole goes, I don’t hate them. There’s plenty I’d drive. Any contempt I have is due to things like the Focus RS - where they dumb down the American market and keep the actually competitive cars out of our hands. Hopefully that’s coming to an end.

You have a replica Cobra in your sig. That’s a domestic I’d take above just about any import, modern or classic.

:rolljerk:

The 2009 GXP comes in a manual but all models prior did not…

Guess I should have stated I would consider a USED one if they were manual because a new one isn’t in my price range.

It’s for sale if you’re really interested. :wink:

It’s an auto, which is why I keep telling the guy it’s never going to sell. :lol:

:picard:

$2,000, to take it off his hands, and put it out of its misery with a transmission swap. :lol:

$25,935 for base g8 producing 256 hp mpg 17city/25hwy 0-60 5.3 seconds
$29,440 for g8 GT producing 361 hp mpg 15city/24hwy
$35,295 for g8 gxp producing 415 hp 13city 20 hwy

Buy one there worth it

I love the g8 after driving one for 2 days, so…