New products in stock

I am still trying to figure out the models before I can get pricing. It looks to me like the Apexi mentions no difference between the water passages or anything, but it comes in two bores, and FOUR thicknesses, making a total of EIGHT variations? What would be most common?

Looks like price will be $239.95. I would need to know which bore size, and which thickness. Until I figure out what is common, I will probably not STOCK these, but order them in as ordered…

just a handfull of 240 ppl rebuild their engines… i would look into bolt ons … fmic kits , catbacks, gauges, suspension etc

Thanks for that. I have some of the Megan suspension and Catbacks in stock, along with a few lines of gauges, and some nice Yonaka intercoolers…just don’t have a “kit” to fit your cars…only universal piping

This is a sad truth amongst the crowd. S13Counterpart and I had a discussion earlier today. Since these motors are imported, they cost an arm and a leg. Since they cost an arm and a leg, people often expect that they will just drop in and run like a charm. What most fail to realize, is that these motors are in no better condition than what you get from a junkyard. You really have no gaurenteed way to verify the milage and condition of a motor without tearing it down yourself and checking all of the clearances/bearing conditions, stress cracks, and the list goes on. IMO, it would be foolish to expect reliability from what you don’t know for sure. When I get my SR, I will DEFINITELY be rebuilding it.

Yes, I have come across this misconception in past. People seem to think JDM engines are some kind of magic. Or the “low mileage” miracle. My son lived in japan for 3 years, i went over once for a visit. Around the big cities, the highways are not much different than here…but get out in the country a bit…and what a difference!!

where my son lived, there was a Costco about 60 or 100 km away (I forget exactly how far). He used to like to shop there to get some “famaliar” north american things he could not find elsewhere. That trip took about four hours each way on their roads. So eight hours running to cover maybe 160 clicks, that would have been done in an hour and a half here. At that rate, an engine that had 60,000km on it would be LONG overdue for a rebuild…but we just hear 60,000km, we don’t hear the “hours”. Maybe cars should have “hour” meters on them like industrial equipment?

I am a big believer in REBUILD what you have, and then you KNOW what you have…

Apexi “probably” has a design that allows for the S14 SR passage, and on the S13 obviously just sits against bare metal. I mean the passage is probably there, and probably just useless on the S13 SR, where there is no extra passage. Just a guess.

As far as bore and thickness is concerned:
Stock pistons are 86mm, Apexi uses 87mm for this.
They probably have a larger bore for larger pistons? Not sure.

Thickness will fully be dependent on how much (if any) material is decked off the block/head during a rebuild. I’m not sure on stock thickness right now, but you basically go with a greater thickness to make up for the lost material on the deck. Lots of companies offer a lot of thicknesses, and it’s basically what the builder wants at the time.

I couldn’t agree more.

New this week:

Catback system for S13 - $192.99
Downpipe for SR20DET - $127.93
FMIC kit for SR20DET - $269.99
Exedy stage 1 clutch for SR20DET - $413.53
Exedy stage 2 clutch for SR20DET - $543.23
Energy suspension master bushing kit for S13 - $154.56
Energy suspension master bushing kit for S14 - $157.86
Cometic MLS head gasket - 87.5mm bore, .040 thick - $88.87
28 x 7 x 2.5 universal intercooler - $149.43

New this week:

Test pipe for S13 & S14 = $59.32
Turbo outlet (O2 housing) recirculated = $94.61

New this week:

Gorilla small diameter tuner lug nuts - various colours: $36.99/set
Fidanza short shifter = $65.97
Yonaka gasket kits are back in stock…
T2 turbine inlet gasket = $14.99

We got pretty busy for a stretch there, and haven’t really had time to post here:
We have added a LOT of stock for 240’s…
getting some Megan Racing tie rod ends and pulley kits…
Have walbro pumps and install kits at excellent pricing…
universal catch cans at awesome pricing…
valve cover gasket kits for KA24DE
Water pump for KA24DE
Topline oil pump for SR20DET
Topline water pump for SR20DET
custom fit and universal intercoolers and piping kits…

best to contact me by email for pricing: ziggy@rtmracing.com

Lots of new stuff in stock, including FMIC kits and exhaust systems…call to see what we have: 289-296-9780
Also, AEM EMS v.2 - I don’t plan to keep these on the shelf, but if you can wait a week or two to have it, $1275. + shipping and taxes :slight_smile: ($1455. to your door!)

I just brought in a few items that are Chinese knockoffs of Megan Racing stuff. I only brought in a little bit for now, wanted to look it over and check out the quality. I am a tool & die maker by trade, and I gotta say, this stuff looks just as good as the Megan stuff, and is about 2/3 the money. There is a lot more I can get, but for now I have:
TE rod/camber arm set for S14, S14, R33, & R34 in blue or red = $99.91
Rear adjustable control arms/camber kit for S13 in silver = $99.91
S13/S14 traction rods in silver or red = $88.62
I also brought in a ton of knockoff BOV’s that appear to be pretty good quality, and catch cans, smaller round ones at $42.99 or Greddy style square ones at $49.99

Energy suspension bushing kits are back in stock…
Also…ONE ONLY SPECIAL…I picked this up as a clearance item, passing the savings on to you:
Megan Racing 3 row radiator for S14 with SR20 - $197.65 + shipping and taxes = $237.00 at your door in south-western Ontario…ONE ONLY at this price!
Also, ONE ONLY, unbranded stainless header for S14 with KA24 - $127.63 + shipping and taxes …ONE ONLY!!

Yonaka rad for S13 with SR20 - WITH aluminum shroud and fans - now in stock - $363.07 + shipping & taxes = $423. at your door in the GTA, all taxes included…That is rad PLUS shroud PLUS fans!!