new racing event 60-130mph

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/1181418-lmr-twin-turbo-camaro-60-130mph-event-9-20-09-a.html

one of the biggest names in LSx industry participates in this event which by some could consider it roll racing…um

lol 60-130 sounds like the miracle mile crew got together and made that up

I’m starting to like drifting even more

nothing new, exotic/sport cars use this as a staple to see acceleration

twin turbo gallardos are doing this in 3.5 seconds while shifting twice.

Did slor/t start this thread because it sucks just as bad as one?

a stock 997 t does it in roughly 7 seconds. a new gt-r in 7.8, c6 zo6 in 7.2 range just for comparison purposes.

no if we made it it would be 60-160 because if you roll race you know there is the common courtesy of 100mph. Whatever you start at add 100 onto it.

Whomever invented the 100mph rule is a moron

Houston, TX. The whole city is a moron :hs:

(I think he is citing a street racing documentary where a KB cobra is essentially the slowest car in the city that night)

and FWIW, I believe the porsche guys are the ones that started this event? I emailed PRP about the possibility of something like this… no response. Would be fun to try, less wear/tear on cars.

this is THEE lamest thing I’ve ever heard of, ever.

Honestly 100 mph now adays is nothing with the cars top ends. that was a good youtube video though… A 1g dsm just beat me from a roll. WTF!!! Link for everyone to flame

[ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkOUMEfSvnc”]YouTube - Texas Streets - IMV Films[/ame]

The excuses never end in that video.

That 1g from the video has since been parted out and sold off.
There’s more info on it around. I don’t care to dig it up because nobody cares.

lol 60-130 sounds like the miracle mile crew got together and made that up
qft

Sounds like exotics that are afraid to launch their shit made this up… lame!

Real racing starts at 0

:beer:

I Would prob be decent at this!

I cant Even think about hooking untill 60 anyway. my car sucks really bad.

whats considerd real racing?

nascar is roll
indy is roll
F1 is roll

I thought formula 1 was standing start… regardless, the only way to start a race in my book is when you do a Le Mans start!

^ +1

RUN !

ha… yeah that shur does suck…i bet thats not fun at all