New Stereo - KDC-MP728

KDC-MP728
AAC/WMA/MP3/ CD Receiver with External Media Control
• Auto-Slide Detachable Faceplate
• Rotary Encoder & Jog Control Knob for Easy Operation
• 64 Color Fine Dot FL Display
• Maximum Output Power : 50W x 4 (MOSFET Power IC)
• AAC/WMA/MP3 Playback
• G-Analyzer (Graphic Motion Analyzer)
• System Q/System E’s
• Installer/Backup Memory of Audio Setup
• SIRIUS Satellite Radio Ready
• HD Radio Ready
• External Media Control — iPod Ready
• Dual Zone Source & Volume Control
• AUX Input
• 2 Preouts (Rear/Subwoofer Out Switchable) with 2.5V Preoutput Level

http://216.105.49.124/ProductImages/kenwood/cdplayer/KDCMP728.jpg

Just picked it up a couple days ago… finally making my way through the manual and getting my setting and crap straightened out.

One of the most unique features that I am really enjoying right now is the G-Analyzer (Graphic Motion Analyzer). It measures the G force inside the vehicle for both cornering and acceleration/deceleration. Its pretty cool. So far I have .85Gs leaving my driveway, and .60 Gs from rolling out in 1st…

Color screen is pretty hot too, I can upload pics to it and use those for display or watch one of the many animations that are available. Doesn’t seem quite as loud as the DEH-P8400MP I traded in on it, but it will do the trick. Visually I was in a bind… get the new Pioneers… and lose a couple bucks or get this and break even. I even got a new 4 yr srvc warranty… so I see another upgrade in my future.

Anyone else have this deck or a similar Kenwood? I’d like some help dialing it in and the manual isn’t very in depth.

BTW - This is the one I traded in… I think it was a better unit but the screen stopped opening, and it sucked after that.
http://www.work4web.hu/pic/hirek/482/8400mp.jpg

by I pod ready does it mean you can, charge your Ipod, and you can change the songs on the screen of the cd player?

pioneer decks suck in my experiences…well let me explain a bit, i think they are nice decks, but they fall apart easily,as jack mentioned his just stopped working. They tend to fall apart inside pretty easily.

hmm. ive always had pioneer. For the 9 years ive been driving ive owned 2 pioneer decks. First one last me 4 years then it got stolen, Ive had the current one for just over 5 years now.

Sucks you had bad experiences with them.

The 8400MP was bought when it came out 4 years ago… i’m not sure why it stopped working, but I would have taken a new one in a heart beat.

I-POD ready is a function i do not plan on using, ever, so I’m not sure how it works.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5798612444&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT#ebayphotohostingI reciently bought a kenwood KDC-X789 (excelon) and enjoy it alot i also have the G-analyzer which i use mostly for the cornering. If you have any questions about it I might be able to help you , i figured most of it out by just f-in around with it:roll::tup:

Have you uploaded any pics yet?

I tend to stay away from decks that are motorized faceplate type things.

More motors = more things to break.

4yre srvc plan means when it is discontinued in 2 years, you upgrade for free.

I havent had enough time to upload pics to it or anything, i just mess around with it when im waiting in the car. You should have recieved a cd which also helps to explain stuff if u dont ahev the cd u can use mine.:slight_smile:

go activate the sirius, u wont even listen to cds anymore

nah… i download what I want to listen to.

still got it? i need one. and wondering if it flips down to put a cd in? or is it not need’d? i can’t tell by the pic

i see it alllllllllllll the time at work. the only pioneers that ever have problems are those

mike steve hearn has one of those cd players iam sure hes selling it as he bought a new one acouple months ago his names celitified

the top folds down and the bottom comes out. it lays completely flat… facing upwards… and then you put in the CD.

If you hold the eject button the screen will tilt in 1/4" increments until it is facing upwards again… then it will reset and face forward.

BTW - Kenwoods have better motorz yo! its the civic of the headunit world.

:gay:

the 8400 was such a pimp deck too…

I know… too bad it had to break. :tdown:

i like that deck, but always been an alpine fan