New Tesla Roadster - 0-60 in 1.9 seconds, 1/4 mile in 8.8 Seconds

i can’t wait to see how this thing tackles corners with actual torque vectoring and such. It should be quite amazing. club touareg had a fun facts about the V10 touareg and it makes something stupid that was north of 300k lb at the tires in low range first gear. it is neat but serves no function other than bragging rights. That is why corrected power numbers are much more useful. I have no doubt that this tesla is making some massive numbers though.

Good stuff starts at 4:00 if the vid doesn’t already start there:

Haha I know Graham, what a great guy. Gonna have to send him that video.

We are going to throw some rocket technology in that car. I want it to hover. We got to figure out how to make it hover without killing people.

I think I see the pattern now. Car is delayed → talk about some wild feature that’s still in development → product hype stays high.

https://electrek.co/2021/02/12/elon-musk-serious-making-tesla-roadster-hover-rocket-technology/

Yup, this was unveiled in 2017. Should of been out by now. They had a prototype they were giving people rides in. What’s the hold up.

yeah i was just going through that part of the podcast last night… insane to hear him casually talking about being able to make it hover.

Did he mention how? I’d LOL if he burned fossil fuels to achieve lift.

Maybe this thing is just going to evolve into a flying car / personal drone. 0-60 gets a lot easier without friction with the ground.

yes he said there could be SpaceX tech in the car where if you get rid of the rear seats you can have a high pressure air tank back there and make the car hover.

he said probably only as high as 6 ft off the ground because any higher and you’d really hurt yourself if the car fell to the ground, whereas, at only 6ft you’d just blow out the suspension.

@bing I’m not sure if you’re making that up or not, but now I have no choice but to listen to the whole thing.

i just signed up for spotify premium just to watch Elon talk some shit.

that is what he said but who knows if it’ll happen.

It can only accelerate so fast before the driver blacks out lol

A tuned and downpipe 765LT did 1.8 0-60, so I don’t think it’s that hard really.