New tires

Does anyone else like the smell of new tires? My garage smells like a tire store. Mmmmm.

yup,:yummy:

burn em off

Thanks for reminding me, I need to start pricing tires. Anyone know of a place that has good deals on GS D3’s?

best i seen is $193 for 275/40/17. and $202 for 285’s

but I’m looking more into 265/40/17 BFG KDW for the front, and 295/40/17 for the rear BFG KDW

NTB will beat any local bottom line price on tires if they carry them. And they threw in new valve stems and free rotations even though the price I gave them didn’t include that.

I need 4 245/45-ZR-17, 2 275/40-ZR-17, and 2 315/35-ZR-17 I can’t wait to get the good tires on my cars.

why a 315 on a near stock GT? looks?

i think their for the zr

I could’ve sworn the ZR-1 used 335’s

dn i’m probley rong

Nope you are correct. The ZR-1 is getting the 315’s. I can run 335’s with out a problem, but That leaves out the GS D3’s and leaves me only with Michilen’s (sp). And from what I understand the GS D3’s will hook as hard if not harder then DR’s.

thats not true… the D3 is a good Dry/Wet tire. It won’t hook better than a DR

i am going to start looking for snow tires for the camaro

I’ve heard from several ZR-1 owners who run these tires and I’ve been getting the same response from most of them. That is when the tire is new it hooks like a DR. Im sure this doesn’t last long, but for a time that is what I heard.

if you want that kind’ve tire, BFG KD. I’m sure the ZR-1 isnt driven in the rain, so no need for the KDW or the GS-D3

But they don’t have much of a wet traction. I’m not knocking the GS-D3, I just like the standard F1 better.

It’s either going to be the GS D3’s or the Piloits(sp) next