newb here

Hi, I’m John. I live in castle shannon. I’m 30 years old, married, and we just had a little girl. http://www.putfile.com/madisonelizabeth

I’ve been a lurker for a while and am finally introducing myself. I’m a diehard Mopar guy But, I don’t restricted myself from learning about other types of cars. My profession is a Mechanical Designer/Project Coordinator for the steel industry. As a hobby, I repair/restore classic cars. I’ve worked on everything from a 60 chevy to a 68 mini cooper, from a 60 Edsel to late model Mustangs. And of course, Anything Mopar…
Hemi’s to small block’s to even front wheel drives… SRT’s and Shelby’s.

I currently own a 70 Dodge Dart Swinger 340, 90 Chrysler Lebaron GTC-VNT 5sp, 92 Dodge Spirit 2.5l Turbo Intercooled, and a 98 Neon ACR. My first car was a 66 Valiant slant six which I sold to buy my Dart in 1993. I drove the Dart while in High School and bracket raced it on the weekends. It ran 14.5’s all stock. I needed to go faster, so I rebuilt the motor and while the motor was out, I figured why not get some needed body work done and repaint the car. I paint stripped the hood, roof, and trunk, even welded in some patches.
And like most projects that is where it sits today. At least it’s in a storage garage. Someday!
I also bought an Omni GLH-T that same year. The omni went though many incarnations before ultimately running 12.7@108. And then rejecting a rod though the block. I’ve had several other turbo dodge including a Spirit R/T that had an expense timing belt eating habit. It was time for something different. That’s when I bought the Neon. It’s an ACR, which stand for American Club Racing. Chrysler original made them for only SCCA in 95’ but had such good success they made them available to everyone. They were only available with a couple options and 5sp only, 2 doors got DOHC and 4 doors got SOHC. Mine is a 2 door. I’ve build my car with Drag Racing in mind. So far, I’ve ran a best of a 14.4@96 All Motor. Someday I’d like to Turbo my neon but until then, I’m very happy with the way it performs.
http://www.putfile.com/MtOliverAuto

I’m sure some of you have seen me at the PRP sport compact events. I also try to make it down the caste village as often as I can.

Anybody has any Mopar Questions, I’d be happy to help. As well as, I’ll probably be asking some question of my own.

John
MtOliverAuto

welcome

welcome to the site! interesting choice on cars!

Welcome :slight_smile:

welcome to the site.

welcome

welcome

welcome:beer:

welcome… you have alot of really cool cars… might want to talk to jay from domination hes all over the mopar cars and hes not to far from you.

Thanks! I stopped down at domination not too long ago. Jay makes some awesome stuff. His daytona is going to be pretty cool. I’m in the process of putting together a sleeper turbo Spirit. Nothing that extreme though.

John
MtOliverAuto

welcome john, congrats on the girl

Welcome & congrats on the lil’ one.

We just had our first as well. A baby Boy!

Hopefully a couple of future hot rodders…

welcome

welcome

welcome

Welcome!!

Good ol’times at the MtOliver shop we had back in the day ey?! U have always liked them dodge/chryslers…

We had some good parties. The good old days!

John

welcome

MOPAR!!!