Newbies with Liter bikes.

This guy said it right. It’s all about self judgement. If you can do it, then do it. The size of bike isn’t going to change that. I rode an SV-650 some then bought mine. I felt more comfortable on mine. My dad still likes my friends SV more. It’s all about comfort and self-confidence. Do what feels right. Don’t ride above your abilities. I’ve grown up some. But I can still show a 600 why a 1000 is faster on the street and in most all cases. I’ve worn the finger tips out of gloves dragging them through the corners. It’s been fun, but probably stupid. I’ve ridden and owned many toys. To this day, my CR-250 is still one of the craziest rides out there, minus my 50 mph lawn tractor. They still reqire skill to ride. Either way, it’s up to the person. Not the machine. My 1000 is as tame as it gets(as far as I’m concerned). I wish it had 100 more(naturaly asperated) hp at times. I like to come out of a corner quietly at 75 in 5th gear and pop a wheelie. Sure she can wheelie, but it takes some provoking in 5th gear at that speed. The CR-250 has taught me how hard it is to get the power to the ground off road. None of that matters on road where there are other cars and obsticals. Whatever, ride what you want. Be careful and have fun. Ride on your own and learn to respect your bike. Learn to have fun and just enjoy 2 wheels like the rest of us. If you have the mentality that you can get hurt an respect it. You’re already on the right track. Have a good riding season everyone. Keep the rubber side down.