Newman's 1986 BMW 326rb build thread.

[quote=“newman,post:880,topic:22123"”]

we have an uber leet spin balancer at work. Its for balancing centrifuge conveyors. But in a pinch, i might just go to fleet pride.

Also, i’ve been kicking around the idea of making the roof of the car a japanese flag:

[/quote]

i can paint a red circle if you want :smiley:

i dunno if its been gone over but how is that rear end going to handle the new power, i kind of looked threw the first 10 pages but didnt see any thing really. either way everything is coming together really nicely. cant wait to get a run in with it.

mindless,

I’m using an M3 rear diff. They are supposed to hold a good deal of power. If that fails, i will have to get a 5 series diff in there.

I test fit some of the trans tunnel parts. The mild steel will actually be to the inside with nuts welded on the backside, so i can bolt the tunnel on with button head screws.

biggest tunnel eva, well next to a cherokee

newman: buying and building cars only skinny bitches can fit in since 94

haha, there is plenty of footroom in the car. The seat will be WAY far back, so i think that it’s going to be a non issue.

i had the pleasure in seeing this first hand today

god my car build is like playing with legos compared to this shit

looks hott :smiley:

like i said originally, the flag will look sweet. do it

amazing, just amazing. i just read through all 36 pages in one sitting. im tired, im going to bed

[quote=“newman,post:880,topic:22123"”]

Also, i’ve been kicking around the idea of making the roof of the car a japanese flag:

[/quote]

that’s the coolest thing you’ve ever said.

it even has the square german corners in the trans tunnel, all very teutonic…

noice :tup:…first RWD drift car i make will be an old BMW. def. best old RWplatforms to start with. AND THEYRE EVERYWHERE.

good choice

[quote=“zwarbyt,post:885,topic:22123"”]

newman: buying and building cars only skinny bitches can fit in since 94

[/quote]

By Design, Im sure!! :smiley:

[quote=“Dex,post:890,topic:22123"”]

that’s the coolest thing you’ve ever said.

[/quote]

yea i think it’d be badass

Awesome man. Too bad I didnt get to see it in person on saturday, but next time i’m out, I want it to be done, so I can get a ride :tup:

why a jap flag on a german car? you should put some SS bolts on the roof

jap powered?

just for the irony?

[quote=“boardjnky4,post:897,topic:22123"”]

jap powered?

just for the irony?

[/quote]

ftw.

your car shall be named the AXIS OF EVIL for it’s germen/jap combo

all it would need is an italian leather seat or wheel to complete the job: